help new gtab owner thats very frustrated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nettyskat

Feb 2, 2011
HI guys,

I need some help because I can't figure out what happened. I have upgraded my rom to TNT 4.2.3 and everything was going very well and having a ball with it.

I was still having issues with the android market so went to do the update for the market and cleared data and force closed in the market and frameworks and it all went downhill after that ehehhehehe. no market would open at all did a reboot and still nothing

so decided to go back to vanilla and start over but that hasn't seemed to work and now I have a bigger mess, I can't logged into gtalk, gmail, calendar or market. I still have contacts as I did that back in vanilla before I redid the updates to 4.2.3.

so where do I go from here to get the rest of my google stuff back.

thanks
Annette

Aug 25, 2010
I haven't used TnT, I use VEGAn, but I had a similar problem tho mine ended in a bootloop. I had to partition the sdcard, and reinstall the rom again. You might try setting your partition to 2048 for your SD card, and then reinstalling the rom again.

Instructions for partitioning, courtesy of gojimi on the XDA forums:

**If you are having issues with the new market telling you you don't have enough space to download then your SD Partitions are incorrect and need fixed** -Boot Clockworkmod, select advanded, then partition SD, 2048 for first option, and 0 for second. process will take ~10 mins ******WARNING THIS WILL DELETE EVERYTING ON SDCARD (internal) MAKE A BACKUP!!!!******

And here is a guide for installing the rom and market fix:
[UPDATED GUIDE] Install ClockworkMod, a ROM, Flash Player, and the Market Fix - xda-developers

nettyskat

Feb 2, 2011
this is what I'm getting after the repartition and such.

can't establish a reliable data connection to the server

nettyskat

Feb 2, 2011
Steve, yep everything else is perfect I just can't log in to my google account to set up gmail or calendar or market or anything, its way weird, I was fine last night and all worked until I cleared data and force closed the google market and google framework to try the market fix ehehhe should have not tried that

if I go through the web I'm fine to log in to google just can't get into it through google stuff on my gtab, it's like theres a file missing but I just redownloaded tnt 4.2.3 to make sure it wasn't missing something but that didn't help either

nettyskat

Feb 2, 2011
YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

finally got it, guess I just had to keep trying and make it mad. I got google stuff back the market can wait hehehehe I'm just glad to have that back

Status
Not open for further replies.