help newbe

jimbo14

Mar 10, 2012
:cool: hi jim here i want to buy a tablet but i need to use my smart phone for internet is there a tablet that will do that

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Jim, welcome to the forum, nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. Yes, you can access the internet with a tablet.

stod

Mar 9, 2012
Yes Spider is correct. However, take care. A Tablet with 3G will be able to access the Internet from (virtually) anywhere, just like a mobile (smart) phone. A Tablet with WiFi and no 3G will only be able to access the Internet using a Wireless connection therefore you will need to rely on hotpsots (or if you are visiting friends, using their wifi connection).

Tanzanite

Jan 14, 2012
Yes Spider is correct. However, take care. A Tablet with 3G will be able to access the Internet from (virtually) anywhere, just like a mobile (smart) phone. A Tablet with WiFi and no 3G will only be able to access the Internet using a Wireless connection therefore you will need to rely on hotpsots (or if you are visiting friends, using their wifi connection).

Or you can buy a MiFi: 3G WiFi Router

This way both your smartphone, tablet and any other device that is WiFi enabled can share the same 3G Internet Connection and you can take your hotspot with you when you are on the move.