Help! Nooting nook color

Mogul

Dec 26, 2011
Okay, ive had my nook for over a year now. And ive just found out about nooting. But the thing is i was wondering if theres anyway i can noot my nook with just my sd card and my usb cable cord? If anyone could post a link to a tutorial on here for me that would be sooo helpful.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011

Mogul

Dec 26, 2011
I'll actually recommend Weebee's method. You basically have two options 1. rooting or nootering or 2. custom ROM. Option 1. leaves the stock Barnes & Noble software in place but simply opens it up. Option 2. replaces the Barnes & Noble software with real Android and makes your device a full tablet.

More info here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-faq/17734-info-android-roms-nook-color.html

and a great Nook section here: Nook

JP

Thanks everyone! So can i do all of this fro, my nook?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yes, you can do everything with your Nook and a usb cable. The preferred method is to use a card reader though. A usb card reader can be had for just a few dollars and is a good investment.

Mogul

Dec 26, 2011
Yes, you can do everything with your Nook and a usb cable. The preferred method is to use a card reader though. A usb card reader can be had for just a few dollars and is a good investment.

Okay, just wondering i'm trying to do this without spending money for anything. Lol. Thanks again! & if i'm using Weebee's method do i download the file to my nook? & i do all of this with my nook powered off right?

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Just to encourage you a little more here are many card readers under $10 :)

If you are going to use the Nook as the "card reader" there is a little more risk. Two drives will pull up when connected to the pc by usb. One is the internal memory of the Nook and the other is the micro SD card. Make sure you know which is which.

Then download and install win32disk imager and easeus partition manager on your pc.
Next download the three files in the how to thread.
Unzip the image file and only the image file. Then use this to burn the image to the drive that is your SD card.
Use easeus partition manager to resize the disk you just burned to 250MB.
Next copy the other two files to this same card.
Safely eject the nook from the pc and unplug the usb cable.
Finally power the Nook down and then power back up.

The specific details are in the link provided.

JP

Last edited:

Mogul

Dec 26, 2011
Okay and well i'm doing all of this, my SD card is in my nook? & where can i found the win32disk imager and easeus partition manager at?

Last edited:

Mogul

Dec 26, 2011
Thank you! Okay one last question, when i plug my usb cable up to my computer it says this: $Untitled.jpg
What should i do??

shantipur

May 22, 2012
If you don't want or can't figure out how to use standard open source software to root your device, you can buy an N2A Card (Turn Your Nook into a Full Android Tablet | Nook2Android | N2A cards) that will do it for you. Just pop in the N2A microSD card into the reader and you've got an Android Gingerbread tablet plus useful apps like the Google Play store, etc. 8GB cards start for about $35 (there are also 16 and 32gb cards), and can be bought at Fry's, from Amazon or the company website. Hope that helps.