Help Please...Can't Read My eBooks! Where Do I File Them?

stargiss

Mar 6, 2011
I've downloaded Kindle and Nook apps but still can't read the books I downloaded. I have 650 or so books and not sure how to read them.

Here's what I tried so far. I put the books on my PC via USB flash drive. Then moved from PC onto microSD. Put microSD into Kyros. Copied file folder and pasted into Nook folder in the My Documents folder. That didn't work so I also pasted my eBook folder into the Kindle folder...no luck.

Now I have no idea what to do in order to get the reader software to find the eBooks I have. Anyone know how to do this? Someone gave me all these eBooks and I thought it would be great to have them all on my 7015 but they're not doing me any good on it if I can't read them.

stargiss

Mar 6, 2011
They're epub files. I'm not sure where they originally came from since a friend of mine gave them to me on a USB flash drive.

stargiss

Mar 6, 2011
NM...I got it. I had put my eBook folder into the My Documents folder but it didn't show up. I went & took a shower and came back to look and it finally was in My Documents. Must have just took some time to Xfer.

Advice for others....if you have books on to put on your 7015, transfer via USB to the microSD card and then copy & paste them to the My Docs folder on Nook.

Of course you would obviously have to DL the Nook app first.

petabb

Mar 4, 2011
Here is another way without copy/paste. Simply install ASTRO (from AppsLib) and Aldiko. Then use ASTRO to browse the file manager to the one you want to open with. This works with other software as well, not just ebooks.

n9ots

Mar 1, 2011
I use FBReader...been using it for years on my Nokia n800 and noy on my 7015.
Download from:

FBReader: FBReader for Google Android

with FBreader open press menu button (on your tablet) then "More" then "settings" then "Directories" then "Books Directory" (I keep my books in /sdcard/Books)

have fun

Last edited:

TabletPCPro

Aug 15, 2011
Obviously, the best way to assure the best compatibility for your ebook files is to download them directly from the provider to your tablet PC.:) However, the "taking a shower" method has solved many different types of issues. Here is a link that discusses the various options for eReaders that work on Android tablet PCs --> Android eReaders

Last edited:

HELPme

Jan 3, 2012
n9ots thread contributor above -
You mention that you store your eBooks in the directory sdcard/Books. When I download FBReader and follow your instructions, I receive a default directory of mnt/sdcard/Books. How do I set up a directory and then access it from my Tablet in order to see my audiobook that I bought using my laptop and transferred over to my Tablet? I have done the transfer about 5 times to different Tablet folders that display on my laptop during the transfer process. I have yet to find any copy of the book on the Tablet. I don't know where it is going each time?

wpeot

Jan 15, 2012
It's really really easy for Kindle books! You just go to the Amazon site with you computer - go to the Kindle Store - on the left side click on Manage My Devices and a list of all the books you've ever purchased comes up. There's a little box to click for eack book to download and a download list will drop showing all devices registered including your Kindle, Kindle for PC, Android, etc... and it will ask download to where? and you select Android - THAT'S IT it will be downloaded to you android device - the Nook should come up as Android also I imagine. Good Luck!

cwolf20

Feb 4, 2012
The only way I can do it. And was able to do it when I replaced my droid 2 with a droid 3, free, due to manufacturer errors.

Is click on each and every single book.

Also, transferring converted epubs from pc, I have to remember which files I transferred. In order to click on them, causing them to open in fbreader. Once I've done that, they're seen in fbreader's file tree. Until I did that, I had zero despite the library of over 300 I have.

(I have 337 ebooks that somebody scanned from all The Shadow books that came out with the radio show etc. the books will never be re-published as several publishing companies have been annoyed by me asking about and responded to me hoping I'd shut up. It's too many for the companies to deal with them at all)

On another note I have to rename each one individually in fbreader so the titles are legible. As it stands they're all listed under i with 25 digit number names following after a space. I include the epub version novels I bought from the novel publishing company Baen Publishing. They are listed as "i" followed by 25 random numbers as well.
Obviously, the best way to assure the best compatibility for your ebook files is to download them directly from the provider to your tablet PC.:) However, the "taking a shower" method has solved many different types of issues. Here is a link that discusses the various options for eReaders that work on Android tablet PCs --> Android eReaders

Last edited:

cwolf20

Feb 4, 2012
my other reply was supposed to be to you. it even had your words in quotes so I knew I was responding correctly.

n9ots thread contributor above -
You mention that you store your eBooks in the directory sdcard/Books. When I download FBReader and follow your instructions, I receive a default directory of mnt/sdcard/Books. How do I set up a directory and then access it from my Tablet in order to see my audiobook that I bought using my laptop and transferred over to my Tablet? I have done the transfer about 5 times to different Tablet folders that display on my laptop during the transfer process. I have yet to find any copy of the book on the Tablet. I don't know where it is going each time?