Help Please ref A13 firmware

Sirweasel

Dec 25, 2012
Hi All and festive greetings,

I need help if possible. I have owned one of these gems for about 4 months with no problems:
Amazon.co.uk: a13 tablet

So I brought one for my wife and one each for my kids. The ones for my kids are totally shot, They turn on etc but for some reason the Play market hates them.

The errors I am getting with the kids are:
Error Retrieving information from server. [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]
or
Download not allowed in your country....WTF?!
or
Error 403 on attempt to update stock apps.

I was wondering would it be advisable to match their firmware to mine (as i know it works)?

my build is:
nuclear_pfdq88-eng 4.0.3 IML74K 20120609 test-keys

my wifes (which is working but far too big letters/icons):
nuclear_evb-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D 20121108

my kids (play hates and massive letters/icons):
JSA_pfd8188_j-Q88B_20121129_V1.5

I freely admit I am a noob in this field so please be patient (count to 10) I will try my best to keep dumbass questions to a minimum.

I would go back to the amazon seller but he/she/it demonstrated such epic levels of idiocy I am in serious doubt that they would resolve the issue. Plus, I (and in turn you) would become a hero if I/you could get this sorted...;)

Sirweasel

Dec 25, 2012
Ok I have had a thought. how easy would it be to extract a rom from a tablet?

Like I said I have two which work, Can I extract the software from them then load them on the dodgy tabs? Of course if this works I will upload which ever was the most successful :)

Sirweasel

Dec 25, 2012
Wow! 300+ reads and no replies.....not even sarcastic techie ones!

For those people who have come to this forum seeking help....don't bother :mad:. Unfortunately, the internet is rife with this sort of elitist forum where the only ones welcome are basically like the comic book guy from The Simpsons.

$WorstThreadEver.jpg

I highly recommend this site though TechKnow
They responded to my questions and offered assistance which is refreshing compared to this bunch.

Sirweasel

Dec 25, 2012
want an example? Combatgerbil quote from another thread

"This ROM is for the 7" MOMO 9 II and III A13 (this one specifically is based on the 9 III ROM). As has been previously said... ad nauseum.. that other devices may or may not work with these ROMs.. Why must people then continue to bleat when it does not work on their device. If you do not make a backup of your original ROM or have another copy, then it's your fault if you end up with a paperweight.. Continually asking the Dev to tweak it for your specific device is non productive and as has been said, will not be done the Dev does not have all your pedantic knock off devices.
I sometimes think... more and more often when I read threads with posters like these, that some people really shouldn't be allowed to use technological devices, let alone try to Flash a new ROM without knowing what the hell they are doing. If it doesn't work and you can flash back to your backup... then do it and move along.. if it bricks your device, don't say you weren't warned and likewise.. move along. For some devices, people complain there are no devs working in them, there's a reason for that.. a lot of clones and knock offs are too crap to bother with. And as a parting note... READ the bloody thread before posting the same old... "will it work with such and such a crappy device?? " or "it doesn't work with such and such a device.. why is that and can you fix it??" As I swear some of you can barely read and I am surprised that you have the ability to post your useless drivel in the first place.
Apologies to the reasonable folk on this thread... and as for the rest of you, I wouldn't trust you to sit the right way round on a toilet.
Rant over... for now.."

Case closed

$154209-75056-comic-book-guy_super.gif

Sirweasel

Dec 25, 2012
Yes mods please delete my account :D I have no wish to interact with this sort of person.

Happy new year to the norms who have stumbled onto this site I would advise you to go elsewhere.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Wow! 300+ reads and no replies.....not even sarcastic techie ones!

For those people who have come to this forum seeking help....don't bother :mad:. Unfortunately, the internet is rife with this sort of elitist forum where the only ones welcome are basically like the comic book guy from The Simpsons.

View attachment 9652

I highly recommend this site though TechKnow
They responded to my questions and offered assistance which is refreshing compared to this bunch.

Good to know that site fixed your problem.