Help please!!!

Jennpage

May 17, 2012
I have a 10" Android 2.2 G Tablet (View Sonic). The CPU is NVIDIA Tegra. I am unable to download any updates, apps, or anything. When I try it says that I must insert a SD Card, which I have. I went to settings, storages, and it shows it is there and the available space, it even has an option to unmount it. I just can't download anything. I have went back to the factory settings also did the recovery mode but nothing is helping. I am ready to throw it in the trash. Please help. :confused::mad:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

I am not familiar with this particular tablet. Hopefully someone will be along soon to help you out!

androidguru

May 18, 2012
The Gtablet with the stock android from view sonic is worthless and buggy. I would suggest that you upgrade to Android 4.0 named ICS, from http://teamdrh.com.
Here is the ROM download link: Downloads
... and here are the details to the ROM and how to install: ICS Beta Updated to 1.1
... read the "Installation Problems" section here: [TIPS & TRICKS] Common ICS problems - SlateDroid.com
... here is a video running the latest TeamDRH ICS Beta 1.2 with Nova Launcher instead of the Team DRH launcher:

This might be a little tricky, the first time I did this it took me about 1 1/2 hrs to do; that was mostly due to me being extra cautious. It now takes me 20-30 mins to install the rom. There are some prerequisites, like needed to be on the 1.2 Branch (4349) for the gtablet. All you need to do though is read through the TeamDRH website and their posts on slatedroid [ROM - 1.2] BETA ICS 4.0.X - Team DRH (Update 04/21/12) - SlateDroid.com. Don't be afraid to post questions there, everyone is helpful and have already gone through the process of upgrading their GTablets. Also, google is your friend :)

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: