Help please !!!

adam.m

Aug 28, 2012
I have just purchased a 7" android tablet from ebay. Model number is WM8850-mid.
The first problem is that it wont charge and only works while plugged into the power adaptor.
The second problem is the touch screen behaves oddly, even operating by its self. It works normally if I connect it to my PC via the USB cable.
So basically, the only way for it to work is to be connected to power and usb.

Thanks in advance.

asingh786

Jul 7, 2012
You might have to reflash it with a new firmware. Look for upgrades to the firmware on their site.

adam.m

Aug 28, 2012
You might have to reflash it with a new firmware. Look for upgrades to the firmware on their site.

Thanks.

Sorry, im new to tablets so I have no idea where to look for the firmware.
WM8850-MID
Is the manufacturer MID or Wonder Media ?
Can anybody help ?

Last edited:

adam.m

Aug 28, 2012
On their site under products it lists WM8650 WM8750 WM8950 but no WM8850 and the button for the support section isnt active.
And there doesnt seem to be any info on the forum about WM8850 either. Is this a recently released tablet ?

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
It looks like you bought a defective tablet......haven't you thought of returning it?

adam.m

Aug 28, 2012
I received a partial refund because it was defective, but im still out $25 so I figure If I can get it working I will.
Ive seen some posts where people have tried to upgrade firmware and ended up with a blank screen.

smoggy

Aug 28, 2012
I would never ever buy a tablet from ebay. Too many are refurb and you have no idea what you are getting. The best idea is to go to a local store and try tablets out for free and then try and make a decision. Buy from a reputable site with reasonable return policy, many have good returns policies and will work with you on a defective product. Good luck on this terrible experience you have had. Ebay no longer protects buyers or sellers for that matter.

adam.m

Aug 28, 2012
I am thinking about buying one of these now. Any advice ?
[h=1]2012 Model 10.1" ZENITHINK C92 GOOGLE ANDROID 4.0 CAPACITIVE SCREEN TABLET WIF[/h]http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271042732672?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649