Help please!!!

kknig657

Jan 9, 2011
ok so im stuck in a boot loop on my nook color i recently installed the phiremod rom ( heres the thread for reference [ROM][Feb. 18 2011] >>>>> phiremod nook v1 <<<<< CM7 RC1 Base - xda-developers and i d/l beta2) and tonight i flashed a kernel that i previously had running on my nc before i put the phiremod rom on here and now im stuck in a loop and i have no idea what to do..... and honestly i cant remember what kernel i installed....dont hurt me lol...any help is greatly appreciated

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Can you boot into CWR internally and restore from backup?

If not, you will have to boot from the SD Card...

If a restore doesn't work (or you didn't do one, shame on you) you should be able to reimage the phiremod ROM and it will set your kernel back to default.

kknig657

Jan 9, 2011
I definitely made a backup before I flashed the kernel but I don't know how to boot into recovery while its stuck in the loop...and how would I go about booting from the SD if I have to do that...I'm kind of a newb with the NC if you can't tell

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
Try can you go into CWR.

Turn off you NC > Power on while keep pressing "n" button.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Click the link in my signature, and it will talk about using a bootable Clockwork Mod...if you move the backup you made to the bootable SD card you create following the instructions in the thread, it should allow you to restore that backup.

Take it slow, read everything carefully, and if you don't understand something, please feel free to ask...we will get you workin again.

kknig657

Jan 9, 2011
Ok thanks guys I really appreciate the help...I'm working right now so I wont be off for another for another 10 hours or so but as soon as I get home I'll work on it and update. Thanks again for the help!!

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Android Tablet Forum App

kknig657

Jan 9, 2011
ooooook.... so i tried this, i took out the sd card booted the turned it off at the very first image to come up after the "touch the future of reading" screen and i did that 8 times and that got me into cwr. from there i first wiped data/factory reset and rebooted and nothing happened it still booted the way it was before. so i repeated the turn on turn off 8 times to et me back to cwr then i wiped cache partition then did another factory reset and it still did the same thing so at this moment im sitting in cwr wondering what to do now, should i insert my sd and try and reboot to my last working backup?

kknig657

Jan 9, 2011
and the only reason i havent tried the way you told me in your other thread is because i dont have the micro sd adapter to plug into my computer

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Well, you won't be able to complete a factory reset if you have CWR installed. You need to remove CWR from your system. The only way to do that if you are in a boot loop is with CWR running on a bootable SD card.

If you don't have an adaptor, how have you been using your mSD to put the phiremod on, etc.?

kknig657

Jan 9, 2011
I download phiremod to my PC then dragged it into the root directory of the nook then rebooted into CWR and installed it from the SD card. So now if I boot into recovery put my SD back in shouldn't I be able to restore the backup I made?

Sent from my Rooted HTC Incredible

kknig657

Jan 9, 2011
Wipe system data and cache then restore the rom...ok will do as soon as I get off work! Thanks!

Sent from my Rooted HTC Incredible

kknig657

Jan 9, 2011
so i have 1 more question before i go home and attempt the restore.... as of right now my sd card is not inserted into my nook. when i start the 8 bootloader interruptions to get to the CWR should i insert the sd card and proceed to boot into CWR or can i do the 8 interruptions boot into CWR THEN insert the sd card and attempt the restore?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
so i have 1 more question before i go home and attempt the restore.... as of right now my sd card is not inserted into my nook. when i start the 8 bootloader interruptions to get to the CWR should i insert the sd card and proceed to boot into CWR or can i do the 8 interruptions boot into CWR THEN insert the sd card and attempt the restore?

Sounds all wrong there. What are you trying to accomplish? CWR must be removed to restore the stock recovery, then you can use the 2 step factory restore (1. 8 boot interrupt then 2. power + n button to wipe data)

or are you booting CWR from an sd card to fix recovery or a flash?

edit: nm looks like you are booting CWR from sd to restore a previous backup.

Last edited:

kknig657

Jan 9, 2011
well the thing is last night when i booted into CWR i had the sd card removed and the only way i know how to boot into recovery right now is (and the only way that has worked for me) is to do the 8 boot interrupts then power, volume +, and the "n" button all at the same time. so i guess my question is should i have the sd card already in when i do the boot interrupts and open CWR or can i do the boot interrupts then insert the sd card and restore the backup i made before i got into this situation.