Help please!!!

kknig657

Jan 9, 2011
ok guys i now have a working nook again! thanks so much for the help i really appreciate it guys. and for future reference what kernel is compatible and stable to run with the phiremod rom? again thank you guys for all the help and advice!!!

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Sorry for not following, I believe I still don't. You have CWR internal installed and made a sd card with flashed CWR install. That could be a a little of the problem, since they will conflict. Anyway looks like you got it straightened out, which is great. :)

You can find the Froyo kernels here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=925451

Last edited:

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
They won't conflict Rico, as long as he was using the bootable CWR card to get past a bootloop or to uninstall the internal CWR that was somehow messed up.

He got into the bootloop problem when he tried to flash an OC kernel for phiremod, but used the OC kernel for the nooter 2.1 by accident.

Just as a note: If you are going back to stock using the revert to stock thread I wrote up, you don't need to do the 8failed boots and all that...it gets taken care of within the process I outlined.

kknig657

Jan 9, 2011
So can I ask what the difference is between an eMMc kernel installation and an SD kernel is? Because I don't want to get stuck in another bootloop again loo

Sent from my Rooted HTC Incredible

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
So can I ask what the difference is between an eMMc kernel installation and an SD kernel is? Because I don't want to get stuck in another bootloop again loo

The only difference is it tells CWR where to install the kernel, internal memory or external memory (your sdc card).

kknig657

Jan 9, 2011
So if I download either file to my PC then plug in my NC bring up the root directory and drag the file into the root directory and then flash it to the NC from CWR right?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
If you are using a ROM other than the stock 1.1, you need to make sure you have the proper OC kernel for the ROM you are using.

Like if you are using phiremod, you need to use the froyo oc kernel (ie update-1100mhz-froyo-emmc-cwm)

If you are using the stock 1.0.1 or 1.1 ROM you would use the omap kernels.

kknig657

Jan 9, 2011
Ok awesome that's exactly what I needed to know because I'm currently running phiremod and I don't want to make the same mistake twice lol

kknig657

Jan 9, 2011
so i can just download the kernel to my pc the connect the nook to the pc and drag and drop the kernel into the root directory and flash it from CWR?

kknig657

Jan 9, 2011
so i want to flash phiremod nook v3 but i dont know if i know how to....what does this mean... Burn the proper CWM via thecubed to SD (EXT 4)... does that mean i cant download it to my pc then drop it in the directory and flash it throuh CWR?

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
so i want to flash phiremod nook v3 but i dont know if i know how to....what does this mean... Burn the proper CWM via thecubed to SD (EXT 4)... does that mean i cant download it to my pc then drop it in the directory and flash it throuh CWR?

That's exactly what it means. phiremodv3 and CM7 (which phiremodv3 is based on) use a different file system than everything else thus far. So you have to use a different bootable SD image in order to install properly. You can follow my instructions to create the SD card (http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...e-bootable-clockwork-sd-card-0-1-cm7-rom.html) and once you have the Sd card made, just put the phiremodv3 zip onto it and flash that instead of CM7 as I state in my instructions.

kknig657

Jan 9, 2011
Got ya I'll look into this when I get home from work tonight. Thanks!

kknig657

Jan 9, 2011
So do you guys think that there will be a version released so we could download it to the PC and drag and drop it in the directory?