Help Pleez Can't turn device off after update attempt on vista 64

jo24558

Sep 13, 2010
I have 2 of these things and i sat down tonight to fiddle around with them and I have managed to mangle both of them. I tried to update both of them on a vista 64 bit laptop, now i can't turn them off .... even by doing the reset. On reset the screen will flash, start up screen loads then the logo in the upper left hand corner ( that thing with the feet) comes up and that's all they do. I have let the battery run down then turn them on and they do the same thing. Any ideas would be appreciated. Jo

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
do you have any experience using the android SDK and ADB? if so you can connect them to your pc and run the command "adb reboot" this will force the device to shut down and then it may power up normally... then again running down the batt should of been the same thing.... my next suggestion is to re-do the software update...

livingenzyme

Sep 3, 2010
Even if adb reboot works out, I highly doubt it will get past the feet the next time you turn it on. If you have 2 units and they both get screwed up by updating via vista, isn't it obvious that it's the vista that's the problem?

jo24558

Sep 13, 2010
Actually I spent forever on the phone today with Augen because I do have my xp machine with me that is 32 bit and Ari tried to get the update and USB issue resolved and still no good. What ever happened when I tried to do the update from the vista machine must have fried the egg of both of these machines. I am returning them to Kmart, Ari did say that it is his understanding that Kmart will be getting more of these.
I just hate turning loose of them because I am convinced it is a software issue that with the correct information could be solved.
A girl can dream can't she. 

Last edited: