help pls

keshni

Dec 2, 2011
hi im from south africa i recently got a google android v2.2 as a gift and i wana know how do i set up 3g do i buy a usb modem and use this and how does it work i mean like do i plug it in and it works automatically.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
unless your particular tablet has a GSM slot you will need a modem. Also, odds of it being automatic are slim, but if you post the detais of your specific tablet and modem we should be able to help.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
hi im from south africa i recently got a google android v2.2 as a gift and i wana know how do i set up 3g do i buy a usb modem and use this and how does it work i mean like do i plug it in and it works automatically.

Hi, you might also try a hotspot device (a phone or stand alone like mifi) and then just connect to that device via wifi.

keshni

Dec 2, 2011
unless your particular tablet has a GSM slot you will need a modem. Also, odds of it being automatic are slim, but if you okpost the detais of your specific tablet and modem we should be able to help.
Ok the modem doesn't work wat do I need to do to get internet to work

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
We have to have details about your equipment. Models, service providers, every thing.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum