Help Recovering 7042

shiwatawench

Aug 28, 2013
i have 7042 and trying to put play store rooted using adb saved dumps using adb tried installing cwm and then didnt work..so i tried to install update on android system recovery 3e..now it wont boot past coby screen..now coby adb wont detect my tablet what should i do?:confused:

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
What do you mean it didnt work installing cwm?
Only thing left is when USB Debugging was on is restoring your dump!

Sent from my CM9 Coby 8042 Kyros using Tapatalk 4 Beta Again

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
i have 7042 and trying to put play store rooted using adb saved dumps using adb tried installing cwm and then didnt work..so i tried to install update on android system recovery 3e..now it wont boot past coby screen..now coby adb wont detect my tablet what should i do?:confused:

No ideal what you are saying, not enough information to even guess what you are trying to do.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Translation: He has a 7042 and is trying to install the Play Store. He attempted to install ClockworkMod but failed, so he tried to install the Play Store using the stock recovery. Now he's in a bootloop and ADB won't detect the tablet.

Answer to OP: Unless someone has a signed stock Coby 7042 image that can be installed via the stock recovery, or unless the other people on the forum have an alternative solution, you're pretty much screwed. You'll need to look into exchanging the tablet for a new one as you bricked this one.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Translation: He has a 7042 and is trying to install the Play Store. He attempted to install ClockworkMod but failed, so he tried to install the Play Store using the stock recovery. Now he's in a bootloop and ADB won't detect the tablet.

Answer to OP: Unless someone has a signed stock Coby 7042 image that can be installed via the stock recovery, or unless the other people on the forum have an alternative solution, you're pretty much screwed. You'll need to look into exchanging the tablet for a new one as you bricked this one.

Ok, now it makes sense.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Doesn't 3e stock recovery require signed files ?
Yes it does. But trying to install the Play Store through the stock recovery shouldn't have done anything to the tablet. The entire point of the signature is to prevent rogue files from getting onto the tablet and screwing it up.

His bootloop I don't believe was caused by trying to install the Play Store via the stock recovery, but by something else. Regardless, he still needs to exchange the tablet.

Oh, and before I forget it, welcome back. :)

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Oh, and before I forget it, welcome back. :)

Lol, thanks, tho I never really left. But I picked up a lenovo A2109, and it brought me back.

With the reality that many of the allwinner tabs are out of warranty or soon will be, the dreaded livesuite may be the only option for many.