HELP Tablet keeps freezing

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Man, that is not a good sign. I am going to guess they are going to suggest a factory reset...

Try disabling your WiFi (put it in Airplane Mode) and see if that fixes it for a bit.

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
yea i called Asus tday and we did the same thing i have done, like wiping it and cold boot i think its called...and they told me that they will send me a box and to ship it back and they will replace it with a new one... it will just take 7-14 days

but thanks/for the help

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Awesome. Sucks you will be without for a while, but it will be worth it to get one that works right.

I RMA'd my first TF to Newegg because the left speaker was 50% of the volume of the right and could not be fixed. Took 12 days to get it back, but well worth the wait!

Keep us posted on your RMA experience. Most users have good experience but never tell the world.

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
haha yea asus said it should be about 5 days but you never kno but i cant send it out till money

nltjbt

Dec 5, 2011
We have a brand new Asus TF101 brought home from work today and it keeps freezing, exactly as described above. We have tried the reset to the point where you say the two icons will appear - neither of them respond to anything! it looks like the touchscreen just isn't working - is that a common fault?

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
We have a brand new Asus TF101 brought home from work today and it keeps freezing, exactly as described above. We have tried the reset to the point where you say the two icons will appear - neither of them respond to anything! it looks like the touchscreen just isn't working - is that a common fault?

Yea I'm not to sure what casues it but call the Asus help line and comments on the problem's. They will tell you to try to reboot it and tell you to wipe it but if that does not fix it tell them

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
In order to change to the other icon on that screen use the VOL DOWN button. The screen is not accepting touchscreen inputs at that point.

As far as a common fault, I do not think so. Over at a sister forum for Transformers I have not seen many that have had issues with the touchscreen.

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
yea i did that yesterday but it still did the same thing so i called asus and they were going to look over the insides and if they cant figure it out they said they will replace the tablet at no cost to me.(not including the $5.50 to send it to them) nut i geuss thats a small price to pay

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Many users have complained about that when comparing to other tablet brands who pay shipping both ways, but IMO the Transformer is the best value for 9.5" and larger tablets. When released, for similar specs it was $100 less than the iPad 2. Black Friday you could get one for $250 if you were crazy, and now it is $300 at Best Buy. iPads never go on sale like that. Paying $6 to ship is kinda silly to complain about, but at the same time it is valid if it is a defective product.

ASUS came from component level pieces (motherboards and video cards) and is not totally mainstream with some of the other big name tablet brands on this. Also, ASUS does not advertise because most Taiwanese companies believe that if a product is that good, word of mouth will get you what you need. Thus far, that has pretty much been true.

Also, to mention that the Transformer Prime starts at $499 for a 32GB WiFi model and has specs that blows the iPad (and all other tablets away) but is still $100 cheaper than the equivalent iPad storage option.

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
UPDATE: i sent my tablet in and they contacted me today saying it was "fixed" and is being shipped back to me now.. should be here friday or saturday..(maybe thursday)

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Excellent. Hope it is all fixed up and you can finally start to enjoy your toy!

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
ahhhh it should be here monday i hope. its only been 3 long boring weeks

Last edited:

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
I GOT IT back today.. finally they said it was a OS ERROR and they put some new part in and it seems good niw

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I GOT IT back today.. finally they said it was a OS ERROR and they put some new part in and it seems good niw

Awesome. Glad you got it back, I know that tablet withdrawl sucks. I had to got about 2 weeks without mine after having it for 3.5 weeks. Had a quiet left speaker and sent it in to fix that.