help the android noob!!!

Nov 2, 2010
ok i just bought an android tablet. its this one.....

Android 2.1 Tablet PC-aPad-MID-7 TFT Touch Screen-ARM 11-Telechips 8902B-720MHZ-256 DDR2-2G-Wifi-Camera(SMQ5821) - US$ 169.99

out of the box it works fine. i was able to connect to the net and browse around a bit. but when i got to downloading apps off the market it would just sit in a continuous "starting download" state.

when i searched the web i found all this info about rooting, and flashing, and all this other stuff i know nothing about. this is my first android product and i dont want to brick the tablet trying to get it to work, which ive found that if you dont know what ur doing is real easy to do.

so can someone help me find the right firmware or updates that i need to get my android working to its fullest?

here is my device info

Model number - MID
Firmware version - 2.1-update1
kernel version - 2.6.29
root@localhost #120
build number - MID 1.1

i got this tablet and i think its a Apad, but ive seen this exact model and style listed under a few different titles and brands. i just want to make sure i get the rite software and steps to update b4 trying anything to the tablet to avoid bricking the unit. if anyone could help a brotha out id be forever grateful.

D

kwokwong

Nov 17, 2010
I got this tablet too.
I could connect to market.
You don't need to be rooted or to flash a custom rom.

BTW, did you set up an account for your tablet?
If not, the easiest way is to setup a gmail account within the gmail app.

In my blog I wrote a few things I did with it.

ok i just bought an android tablet. its this one.....

Android 2.1 Tablet PC-aPad-MID-7 TFT Touch Screen-ARM 11-Telechips 8902B-720MHZ-256 DDR2-2G-Wifi-Camera(SMQ5821) - US$ 169.99

out of the box it works fine. i was able to connect to the net and browse around a bit. but when i got to downloading apps off the market it would just sit in a continuous "starting download" state.

when i searched the web i found all this info about rooting, and flashing, and all this other stuff i know nothing about. this is my first android product and i dont want to brick the tablet trying to get it to work, which ive found that if you dont know what ur doing is real easy to do.

so can someone help me find the right firmware or updates that i need to get my android working to its fullest?

here is my device info

Model number - MID
Firmware version - 2.1-update1
kernel version - 2.6.29
root@localhost #120
build number - MID 1.1

i got this tablet and i think its a Apad, but ive seen this exact model and style listed under a few different titles and brands. i just want to make sure i get the rite software and steps to update b4 trying anything to the tablet to avoid bricking the unit. if anyone could help a brotha out id be forever grateful.

D

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
also do you have an sd card installed. some of the apps download to the sd card or create directories on the card