Help this poor old man plz

JAG128

Sep 2, 2011
hi, 1st of all I'm new here so plz be nice .
one of the main problems as I'm not technical is that I'm not sure what I need, but I do know what I want it to do.
I live in rip off UK I'm disabled so not much money.
So what do I want ?
Well I want to be able to read E-books, also I want to be able to play Audiobooks, as I often like to do both at the same time, this can save my all-ready bad eyesight lol, and you think thats bad well I'M 3 parts deaf as well, so it needs to be loud with good volume control and clear sound and of course a headphone jack.
Also I like my movies, I download all my stuff and that's about it.
I just want to get away from the computer some times and still be able to enjoy the things I do .
thx for any help and recommendations.
JAG128.

DarrylB

Aug 31, 2011
Hello and welcome JAG128. Do you have any desired preference as far as screen size is concerned? Typically tablets are in the 7 to 10 inch range. Pretty much all Android tablets can do the things you mentioned that you need them to. When you say you want to "get away from your computer" to do similar things on a tablet, do you mean going in your backyard or another room in your home or further away and more distant from your actual home property? Do you want to download movies on another device, save it to an SD card then watch it on your tablet or will you be downloading movies directly from your tablet? Would you consider renting movies, if so you can do that directly from the Android market, of course you will need a Wi-Fi or 3G/4G Internet connection for that.

Any details you can provide will help determine what tablet would be most suitable for you.

JAG128

Sep 2, 2011
yep that's the kind of thing front room / garden etc. 7 or 10 .... don't really mind I think I might prefer the 10. As for movies I have a good collection already so yes I would be putting them on a SD card........ anything I download will done on my main computer, also nice clear sound nothing tiny if you know what I mean, and above all it needs to be cheap unless people are donating Galaxy's lol