HELP: Unmarked Tablet/Factory Reset (have read sticky & google)

ShadowBomber

Jul 18, 2014
My fathers friend gave him a tablet to give to me. He said if I can fix it, it's mine. However it's an unmarked tablet I have no idea what company it belongs to. When I turn it on it goes to an android screen and it just sticks there. So It needs a factory reset. I've reset android phones before so no big deal.

Held down Vol+ button and power. It turns on and goes to a screen with a little android on his back with an exclamation point within a red triangle. Which is normal. However it just stays there... pushing buttons do not make it work waiting does not make it work..

Anyone have any ideas?

Will attach photos of the device maybe you all can figure out what it is. it looks about like 9-10in screen however I have not measured.
$2014-07-18_12-57-22_389.jpg$2014-07-18_12-57-35_787.jpg

Thanks for any help

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011

ShadowBomber

Jul 18, 2014
I have seen similar start screen logos on other devices. One says to leave it there for 2 mins and it will eventually just reboot. Its been on the screen he said for about 20 mins and no change. Im wondering if the device is bricked.

I have also been trying what was mentioned in the sticky thread :/. Starting to think its a lost cause.