Help: videoplayer doesn't "see" videos on SD card

rob125

Jul 24, 2011
Help! I have a generic Android tablet (7", ICS, Uniden, has the exact same internals as the Polaroid tablet.)

Everything else works fine. But when I load videos onto a micro SDHC card, and insert it into the tablet, the video player (SuperPlayer) won't recognize it. It only "sees" the videos on the tablet's internal memory.

But I know that the micro SDHC card works - because when I look using the File Explorer, all the videos are there! And I can access the contents, and play the videos that way. But this process is awkward and frustrating for my 7 year old daughter.

So how can I get the regular apps to "see" the contents of the SD card?

Do I have to create a directory with special name?

Or do I need to download an app to format this card in a certain way? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rong.superplayer

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It is awkward and not all that convenient but I'm not aware of any video player that will index the external card. I only know of 2 music player out of the many on the market that will do that. Wish I had better news.

rob125

Jul 24, 2011
Huh, I fixed it. The problem was the software…SuperPlayer can’t seem to read the SD card. But other video players, like MoboPlayer and QQPlayer can, so I downloaded these onto the tablet, and played around with the settings, until I could get them to find the SD card. Then I had them re-scan/refresh, and each of these video players found all of the videos!
It now works perfectly!