HELP , which is the best 10 "tablet ?

kokonutz

May 11, 2011
First of all hello everybody, this is my first thread. My sister has bought an Ipad and I decided I wanted an Epad. Cheaper and still gets the job done. However I am new to the android scene , I have a smartphone and I am constantly reapiring and upgrading computers , however I have turned my back on Epads and now I seem to be behind. I wanted a 10"tablet. I thought there was 1 or 2 Chinese on ebay. However there seem to be many more , different processors and what not. I started reading and names came up , more processors with more information which got me very confused. I saw some models had HDMI , slimmer , some have 1.3MP camera others say 2.1 MP camera. Up to date, which has the better camera, faster processor and is slim and light. Ebay is a nightmare when it comes to choosing an EPAD , most sellers write a bunch of crap which is half though of or half lies. Most tablets go for under $200. I just want to get the latest 10" epad with most extras if possible. GPS , ethernet , wifi and from what I read all epads have some of these but there isnt one that has them all , am I correct ?? Thank you all

beastman

May 8, 2011
I got the GTablet because Office Depot had them on sale. I saw it was the easiest to root. It has a mini-usb, regular usb, external mini-sd slot (none included, I got a 32gb from newegg. It also has a camera and wi-fi, speakers, headphone hack (no headphone included) No hdmi or ethernet. There is a total of support for it from XDA and there is a cyanogen tom for it. If you don't want to root, then don't get it, but if guide want to root, then it's the best.
Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

beastman

May 8, 2011
Spelling errors courtesy of waiting correcting spelling. Lot of support from xda.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

kokonutz

May 11, 2011
OK, so I have read most of the information on the internet and I have a question about these. Which one would you choose ? And can I use the camera for skype calls on all of them ?

10.2"Tablet android2.2 ARM11 Info TM X220 gps 10"epad | eBay

Android 2.2 WIFI 10"Epad HDMI ZT-180 Apad Tablet PC 4GB | eBay

10" EPAD Flytouch3 Android 2.2 Tablet PC FLASH GPS X220 | eBay

the last one Flytouch3 is the one I kinda like most of the 3. I notices some have 0.3MP camera and this one has a 1.3MP camera. Which one would you guys choose for me to buy. Thank you

kokonutz

May 11, 2011
Ok, so i just got off the phone with vendors, it seems there are some many Epads out there with so different extras and whatnot that sellers are calling them many names including Flytouch4. Many of them even have weak configuration yet they have the same name as some that have almost twice the ram and different arm11 processors. It will be hard to find the oerfect epad. So far basicly what I want from it is the following:
- 1.3MP camera compatible with skype
- youtube videos to play flawesly
-512mb ram so it can be of somewhat quicker and load faster once under load
- gps would be a plus :) and was looking most out there now have adnroid 2.2

progizmo

May 8, 2011
Hi guys,

I realize by the sound of your hunt, that the Xoom is far out of the desired budget, but to give you a good idea of what is out there is the high priced end of the 10.1" tablets, we just finished up review on the Motorola Xoom 32GB Wifi only edition. It really is a great piece of engineering, but $700 at the low end? Really?

We covered as many angles as possible, so if you are interested, you can check out the full review at Progizmo. We got some great feeback about our tests on the Klu and the Hipstreet reader, and we really appreciate everyone who is reading our reviews! I hope the Xoom review helps you out. Please leave us a comment or send us an email if there is a product you are curious about and think we should review next!

Cheers, Progizmo :cool:

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
Xoom owner here so I'm bias. But what's not to like, Google Experience test device, vanilla, Moto build quality, micro HDMI/USB ports, great dev community

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
The xoom accepts almost all vid formats. MP4 play best though. The a500 plays the least amount of formats

DBlaser

Jun 17, 2011
I'm using a rooted,Viewsonic GTablet nd liking it. It wasn't so useful before being rooted and a new ROM installed, but now it's decent.

Sent from my GTablet-TnT-Lite using Android Tablet Forum