Help! Which Tablet for basic needs...

shanadawn

Feb 6, 2012
Hi! I am looking for a tablet that I can download both the nook app and kindle app. I also want to have the basic calender, contacts etc. I was also going to use it for picture storage and possible some documents for my work. I saw the Asus Memo 370T which looks nice but it's not coming out until this summer. I thought about getting the Samsung Galaxy Plus tab but I heard that alot of people had problems with it turning off. Also I want the smaller tab, the 7in. Any thoughts?

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Shanadawn welcome.....you don't really ask too much from your Tablet, you just need a Tablet with Google market, there are a lot of them.. ...,what you are willing to pay for it might help .
But since one of your requirement is the nook app and B&N app doesn't work as well as when you use their nook color tablet, you could buy the nook color itself($199.) and the sd card with Cm7 on it, the one with dual boot so you can boot on stock nook when you want to read their stuff or on Cm7 when you want to download apps from Google market , kindle PSP included of course. That's what I have and its an amazing Tablet, nothing I cannot do with it and it has an amazing support both here on the forum and with b&N.
Samsung Galaxy Note

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Well.........here is my always favorite.
Vizio VTAB 1008. It is an 8 inch unit. New units are selling for less than 200.00 these days. It has expandable memory through MicroSD up to 32 gig. GPS etc etc. I have Kindle and Nook apps on mine.
This is what it looks like out of the box.
$vizio-tablet-main-sm.jpg
You can add VTL.Launcher to it for 3 dollars and make it look like a normal tablet, wallpaper can be handled through Wallpaper Wizardrii https://market.android.com/details?...0d2lzdGVkYXBwcy53YWxscGFwZXJ3aXphcmRyaWkiXQ..
With this WP app and it seems with all WP apps on this tablet once you set the WP you have to reboot the tablet to make it take.
This tablet handles Kindle and Nook apps as well as the proprietary devices work. I have had mine for around 3 months now and have had few problems out of it, far less than most of what I hear from buyers who purchased the 7 inch chinese tablets.
This tablet has a fair amount of coverage here so if you have questions there should be plenty of help. Here is a link to the spec page a phone arena VIZIO Tablet specs hope this helps

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi! I am looking for a tablet that I can download both the nook app and kindle app. I also want to have the basic calender, contacts etc. I was also going to use it for picture storage and possible some documents for my work. I saw the Asus Memo 370T which looks nice but it's not coming out until this summer. I thought about getting the Samsung Galaxy Plus tab but I heard that alot of people had problems with it turning off. Also I want the smaller tab, the 7in. Any thoughts?

Hi shanadawn, welcome to the forum, as for your requirements, you may take a look at our Android Tablet PC, a lot of good choices(especially for 7 inch tablets). and personally i would recommend the 7" Zenithink C71 and Ainol Novo 7 Elf for you, both with android 4.0 ICS. Hope that's what you want! Good luck, hope you have a very nice experience on tablet online buying!