Help! Why is there no connection on Android Market even with WiFi/Internet Connection

chris444

Oct 4, 2012
Hi,

I do not know why but for some reason is not connection to the Android Market. I have an Internet WiFI connection and I am able to get onto the Internet, however, I am unable to connect to the Android Market. I have looked for somewhere where access is shut off but cannot find anything. Any assistance anyone can provide would be GREATLY appreciated. It has worked in the past so I don't know what is changed.

Thank you for any assistance.

chris444

Oct 4, 2012
Oops, that would be helpful, wouldn't it. I have a LePan tablet. As mentioned, it had been working but now it just says "no connection" and retry yet even with an internet connection it still will not connect to the Android Market. Any ideas?

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
You can go to setting,applications, locate Goggle play store and press : clear data,clear cache.
Btw, welcome to the forum!

chris444

Oct 4, 2012
"I don't know", thank you for the timely responses as well as the newbie welcome. I tried what you suggested. It didn't work to solve my connection problem; however in this particular case I was attempting to add the Kindle app and I found a way to do it downloading it from the Internet and setting the tablet to allow downloads from other sources, so for now I am fine. Curious though. If you have any other ideas I would appreciate it. I know it needs to be something in the settings. Just cannot figure out what is holding it back.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Sorry Chris I couldn't help you, we have to call on the forum gurus, I'm just an "idontknow/galaxy " girl! :-D
I guess we have to wait till Monday....even gurus have a life outside this forum! Who is always around is our Spider, who could move this thread where it belongs, in the LePan section where other members might be familiar with your problem.
Gloria

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
We recently had two users over at LePanLife with a similar issue. A new router turned out to be the solution. Le Pan Tablets are very finicky about the routers they will work with. You could have other devices that work fine but the Le Pan won't connect or the connection is spotty. First try adjusting your wifi settings.
Use wpa2 only security aes . If it is an n router try running it in g only or n only. Sit down at your router and test settings. You may find some combination that works fine.
You said it used to work and now it doesn't. That could be due to a buggy app. What have you downloaded lately? Try uninstalling it .

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Another thing that can affect Google play store is incorrect time and date. Make sure your time, time zone and date re correct. Set time to auto. Playstore has to have accurate date and time to sync properly.