Help with a M701a TCC8900 tablet - where to start...

FTLOSM

Jan 25, 2012
I was given a M701a 7 inch tablet after christmas by a friend, I found it online at geeks for specs M701A 1GHz 256MB 2GB 7" Touchscreen Tablet Android 2.3 w/HDMI, Webcam & microSDHC Slot M701A the pc under properties shows it as model TCC8900, well it's my first tablet and first android based thing so I am kinda stuck...

I didn't get a drivers disc or instruction manual, heck I can't find much info on the device itself even (who makes it or where to even get booklets or drivers for it if they even exist).

I was trying to figure out how to even get into the thing via the pc to dump a video file or music file into it but I can't even get that far, windows 7 sees the device but says problems loading drivers, in my computer i do see 2 new drives that show up (G & I) yet I can't seem to open them via the my computer area, nor can I drag a mp3 into them or anything.

Messing in the main apps area i see something called ES file Explorer but can't seem to get that to do anything but give me a confusing menu that I can't click into anything on.

ANY help on this greatly appreciated,

Bill

mopeterson

Jan 4, 2012
Hey Bill, my kids both have these. I was unable to load a driver for it myself. Vista just kept looking until I told it to stop. I have been able to get it to connect as a drive by connecting the usb then going to the tablet and pulling down the notifications area from the top and clicking the connect to pc. (or something similar to that, I can double check if you can't figure it out.) I have the manuals that came with it too...I could scan and post a link if you'd like. They are not really anything useful in all honesty! My kids are pretty disappointed with these. It's a shame, I paid $80 each so I guess you get what you pay for. I am trying to figure out if modding will make them any more usable.