Help with Arnova 8G2

JCR1987

Mar 13, 2012
Hi all,

I've got an Arnova 8G2 that i tried to upgrade so it had Marketplace (now GPlay store) rather than AppsLib. Initially it worked, but now my tablet has gone mental and keeps trying to do a system recovery.

I've asked on a couple of forums on how to do the fix, but with no luck - probably down to my lack of expertise in the area, but also I think because the unit itself has completely screwed itself. I'll explain:

Initially the tablet just kept crashing, but then working. Then it crashed and wouldn't work, so I found out how to do a hard reset (by pressing the reset button and - button together). This managed to get me into the system tools, which I initially did a Factory Reset, but with no luck, so I did a System Recovery, but again, with no joy. However, now the tablet can't get out of the loop of trying to reboot to the system recovery, which keeps failing. It doesn't let me choose another option from the blue menu at the top, merely freezing on 'Reboot system now' and this only works when I press the key with the 4 lines (next to the - button).

I've asked for advice on flashing the tablet, but I can't get my laptop to pick up the tablet when I plug it in via usb. I can see the tablet if I go into the 'Devices & Printers' part of my laptop, but not if I go into 'My Computer'. I've been advised of a couple of ways to get the tablet to do a hard flash by pressing the power button and the + button, but this doesn't work. Same if I do it with any other button option on the tablet that i can think of.

I've tried installing the .img files on and sd card and hoping the tablet picks them up, but no luck.

I've tried getting into the tablet with the Rockchip flashing tool, but because the laptop can't see the tablet it doesn't work.

I'm now at a loss on what to do. There's clearly still a program there because if I could get the stupid thing to stop trying to reboot itself i'd be able to make some changes.

If there's anyone who thinks they may have a solution, or can give me some advice on what to do (except for chucking the thing in the bin) i'd be most appreciative.

Cheers,
JR