Help with Booting from SD and recovering a Superpad

jeffriesm

Aug 1, 2011
Hello All. I have tried everthing online I could find to boot from CD. I have the Superpad, Infotmic 0.6.1.5 (559). It used to have Android 2.1. One day it just stopped booting past the green "Wowpad" green, then a dark screen. It will continue to attempt to boot three times and finally halt with the following error

X ERROR OCCURRED: BOOTING SYSTEM FAILURE X
You can select YES to try recover, but you personal data will be lost

At this point you have to reset it. Hitting HOME=YES does not do anything. Then it is back to the three boot attempts and we repeat the cycle over again

I have tried for countless hours, more than I probably should have to recover this thing, but I did like the unit. I have tried downloading a mullitude of images, even just booting from an SD card does not work after I have created a bootable SD with various images using WinHex. Placing the SD card in the upper slot between the USB ports. I have just attempted using any image to see if the unit will do anything different than just attempt to boot three times and hang up. To date no such luck. In reality I should probably pitch the thing in the trash, call it a bad tablet experience, but I am surprised there is not a simple means to recover these units from a readily available image online. Perhaps the memory onboard is gone bad and there is no point continuing but I would have thought you still should be able to perform a simple boot from an CD card.

Thoughts or suggestions? Of course it lasted just over a year so warranty is not an option. Thanks in advance

Mike