Help with CK MID9742 ROM

verrwirung

Nov 4, 2012
Starting a new thread coz i haven't seen a topic here which deals with the USB bluetooth for CK MID9742...
I've managed to make the USB BT dongle (generic CSR type) work on my CK MID9742 without any connection issues using vampirefo's Mobiz V2 9742 ROM and some driver tweaks....
my problem is, the touch screen and screen rotate don't work...tried patching it with 9742 boot.img, then it will work, but wiping the BT drivers and stopping the USb BT to work...
tried tweaking the drivers again, BT will work, but WiFi and screen won't work...
I'm not actually an experienced android developer and would like to seek some assistance from whoever could help me resolve this issue...
I'll look for some solution again, and if I do, I'll upload an updated Mobiz V2 9742 ROM with USB BT support (which of course, needs vampirefo's approval first as it was his original upload) for all the 9742 users who
wants to use their USB BT Dongle...
THANKS!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Sounds good, I will help out when I can, for right now upload your working boot.img.

verrwirung

Nov 4, 2012
Sounds good, I will help out when I can, for right now upload your working boot.img.

9742 WiFi/BTboot.img

I just pulled it off from the dump of my CK MID9742 current configuration..
as of this boot.img, wifi is working with bluetooth, screen rotation is fine, but videos playing upside down and the main issue, TOUCH not working...
Tried unpacking this boot.img, but have no freakin idea where to find and how to tweak the files to make the touchscreen working..
is there anyway to find out what modules/drivers the tablet is loading so i can change or rename .ko's to their respective drivers?

hope you can help me with this... :)
Thanks in Advance...

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
9742 WiFi/BTboot.img

I just pulled it off from the dump of my CK MID9742 current configuration..
as of this boot.img, wifi is working with bluetooth, screen rotation is fine, but videos playing upside down and the main issue, TOUCH not working...
Tried unpacking this boot.img, but have no freakin idea where to find and how to tweak the files to make the touchscreen working..
is there anyway to find out what modules/drivers the tablet is loading so i can change or rename .ko's to their respective drivers?

hope you can help me with this... :)
Thanks in Advance...

the boot.img you uploaded isn't for a 9742 it's a repacked Novo7_E3.
So do you have a Coby 9742 or not

verrwirung

Nov 4, 2012
the boot.img you uploaded isn't for a 9742 it's a repacked Novo7_E3.
So do you have a Coby 9742 or not
Novo?!?
omg...i have CK Mid9742,installed ur Mobiz V2 then the 9742 boot.img...
then added some btusb ko's....then pulled dump...hmm, how is it possible to show novo?
i'll be posting some pics later or tom for the tablet settings...

EDIT: here's my "About Tablet" seciton

$IMG_0131.JPG$IMG_0132.JPG

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Novo?!?
then added some btusb ko's....then pulled dump...hmm, how is it possible to show novo?

I have combine your Novo7_E3 and my 9742 boot.img so your touch screen should work and you should still have bt.

9742_bt_boot.zip

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Novo?!?

your boot.img clearly identifies itself.

exec /system/bin/logwrapper /system/bin/e2fsck -y /dev/block/nandh
exec /system/bin/busybox mount -t ext4 -o noatime,nosuid,nodev,barrier=0,journal_checksum,noauto_da_alloc /dev/block/nandh /cache

format_userdata /dev/block/nandi Novo7_E3

use a file manger and open init.sun4i.rc, your boot.img didn't come from me, it's costumed locked which I knew how to unlock it, plus it also runs custom modules. So where did you get the boot.img?

Last edited:

verrwirung

Nov 4, 2012
your boot.img clearly identifies itself.

exec /system/bin/logwrapper /system/bin/e2fsck -y /dev/block/nandh
exec /system/bin/busybox mount -t ext4 -o noatime,nosuid,nodev,barrier=0,journal_checksum,noauto_da_alloc /dev/block/nandh /cache

format_userdata /dev/block/nandi Novo7_E3

use a file manger and open init.sun4i.rc, your boot.img didn't come from me, it's costumed locked which I knew how to unlock it, plus it also runs custom modules. So where did you get the boot.img?

OMG!! sorry about that...
I remembered now, I tried some custom ROM i found while looking for USB BT dongle on Allwinner A10 tablets and installed a ROM named "Codename Mobiz V2"...
then I didn't liked it and installed your Mobiz V2, probably forgot to wipe out data/cache and that also explains why my tablet's screen acts weird when i press sleep/power button..
Thanks for the modified ROM, will try it and give update....

cuellardremix

May 9, 2015
Hello, i'm sorry for reviving a two years old thread, but i recently bought a coby mid9742, it was working fine until i tried to "root" it, everything works fine, the camera, even playstore is there, but i can't activate wifi, i switch it to "On" and after a time it switches back to off...
i already tried with other roms, here i have the list:
9742_Mobiz_V.2
MID9742-memup-su-120914
cfw_coby_9742_4.0.3_0.1
9742_bt_boot

and the problem still persists.
i don't know what else to do...
i hope you could help me...
thanks in advance
and sorry again...

Link removed. LiveSuite ROM links not permitted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You used a LiveSuite ROM, and didn't make a backup of the stock firmware beforehand. The reason your WiFi doesn't work is because the drivers in the ROMs are not the correct ones for your tablet. This is because Coby routinely changed the hardware based upon supplies available.

The ROM dumps in development may be of assistance. In the Mobiz ROM thread vampirefo explains how to fix the inverted YouTube issue the ROM had by using files from the stock ROM. Do the same thing, only in your case using the ROM dumps to get the files. Then flash the updated Mobiz ROM zip. If WiFi works, then you're set. Otherwise you're screwed for lack of a backup.

kevinthefixer

Developer
Feb 10, 2014
Another point. These Cobys in general, and the 9742s specifically, used very cheap wi-fi chips. (They used very cheap chips for everything else also, but that's a different story.) Even if you have the correct drivers in whatever ROM you're using, it may take several boots to get the wi-fi to work. Out of 5 9742s that I maintain, two of them usually need to be rebooted a couple of times before they will connect. It seems to be temperature-related, they work better on warm days. Fooling with Livesuit may well have put the last nail in its coffin. I would go with @Traveller1701's suggestion, but don't give up if it doesn't work the first boot.