Help with CM10.2 Development

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
I will point you in the right direction but won't spend much time on this.
The first thing you should do is download and build CM10.2 for nexus 7. Once you can build a working CM10.2 for nexus 7, you then edit nexus 7 files and change them to a2109.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Tablet

Alright I will try it this way.

ownjoouk

Feb 24, 2013
My kernel doesn't have sdcard problems, no kernel does sdcard problems if they exist are due to vold file or the tablets hardware.
You can use any kernel you want, no requirement to use mine.

My kernel won't be in this project, so no need to worry.

Thank you for clearing that up. I just find it strange that if I use stock all is well. And flashallthetimes ROM based on stock is fine.

Any ROM with your kernel always seems to unmount the SD card. If you go into settings it just crashes.

I have tried numerous times and the only time the issue ever arose was when using you kernel

I'll have to look elsewhere as the cause but its just very strange.

Again I meant no disrespect it was an observation.

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
Thank you for clearing that up. I just find it strange that if I use stock all is well. And flashallthetimes ROM based on stock is fine.

Any ROM with your kernel always seems to unmount the SD card. If you go into settings it just crashes.

I have tried numerous times and the only time the issue ever arose was when using you kernel

I'll have to look elsewhere as the cause but its just very strange.

Again I meant no disrespect it was an observation.
So what do you have to say now? Apologize? Just give me a break!. nOOb!!!.

Bender007

Oct 2, 2013
I will point you in the right direction but won't spend much time on this.
The first thing you should do is download and build CM10.2 for nexus 7. Once you can build a working CM10.2 for nexus 7, you then edit nexus 7 files and change them to a2109.

Thanks for that.
I will try it this way.

Update:

Thanks again vampirefo !!

Building a CM10.2 for Nexus 7 is a good start with a happy ending :D

But just changing the Nexus 7 files doesn't seem good for me so i started a new and clear gitrepo.
Now i'm working on my devicefolder. With your kernel , vampirefo, i can build a working recovery.
That's a good start for me.

Last edited:

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
I am just getting way too much stuff to do because I only have one month left until final :( Beside, I am getting a lot of trouble with the CM10.2 development... I can't even build the CM10.2 for Nexus 7 because the program can't crate anything on the output folder...... :( :( So i have to put this project aside first. So, don't expect me to make anything happened soon.

Thanks for that.
I will try it this way.

Update:

Thanks again vampirefo !!

Building a CM10.2 for Nexus 7 is a good start with a happy ending :D

But just changing the Nexus 7 files doesn't seem good for me so i started a new and clear gitrepo.
Now i'm working on my devicefolder. With your kernel , vampirefo, i can build a working recovery.
That's a good start for me.

Please Bender007, keep your development going!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Bender007

Oct 2, 2013
You have only one month left untill final?

I can understand that you need a lot of time for development. And it is crap what you can waste of time for nothing. I spent serveral hours for nothing. Just learned how it doesn't work ;)

But there is time enough for me.

I hope that i have time this weekend so that i can build something for testing on our device.

Last edited:

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
You have only one month left untill final?

I can understand that you need a lot of time for development. And it is crap what you can waste of time for nothing. I spent serveral hours for nothing. Just learned how it doesn't work ;)

But there is time enough for me.

I hope that i have time this weekend so that i can build something for testing on our device.

Ohh final means Final Exam :p :p I am a college student studying Computer Engineering, thats why I was trying to learn how to make CM10.2 because I just wondering if I can learn anything from it.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Ohh final means Final Exam :p :p I am a college student studying Computer Engineering, thats why I was trying to learn how to make CM10.2 because I just wondering if I can learn anything from it.

Congrats on winning the fall classic bosox fans, you had to steal our manager from last season to win:D

Sent on my Moto X

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Ahahah I'm not really a fan of baseball but it's pretty excited to see the Red Sox wins :D

All I can say is I'm envious, my blue jays sucked again after all the hype, things just didn't work out. I guess a maple leaf fan I shall remain, even though I was only 3 when the leafs won the Stanley cup( 1967) :D
Yah I'm frigging getting up in age

Sent on my Moto X

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
All I can say is I'm envious, my blue jays sucked again after all the hype, things just didn't work out. I guess a maple leaf fan I shall remain, even though I was only 3 when the leafs won the Stanley cup( 1967) :D
Yah I'm frigging getting up in age

Sent on my Moto X

Wow, you are soooooo much older than I thought!!! :-0