Help with CM10.2 Development

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
It looks like there is a error in your recovery.fstab file. I had the same issues. There are to much or to less spaces between two options in a row.

Update for latest build:

ONLY ONE ERROR LEFT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything else seems to be good.

BTW, I found this while searching on Google:

If you Google "nvidia.NvCPLSvc", it's NVidia's power control application and just about every Android device with a Tegra chipset has the same logcat error.

So, by error, you mean this one???
{
I/ ( 417): Attempting to load EGL implementation /system/lib//egl/libEGL_tegra_impl
E/ ( 417): Could not load /system/lib//egl/libEGL_tegra_impl
}

Last edited:

Bender007

Oct 2, 2013
Hmm. If this is a generally nvidia bug why is my egl.cfg not correct and my rom doesn't Boot? I thought my egl.cfg doesn't work because not all libs loaded. That seems to be a bigger problem.

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
Hmm. If this is a generally nvidia bug why is my egl.cfg not correct and my rom doesn't Boot? I thought my egl.cfg doesn't work because not all libs loaded. That seems to be a bigger problem.

On your previous comment with the error code, those are all the errors you are getting now right??
Hope you will figure out the problem soon. I searched "Could not load /system/lib//egl/libEGL_tegra_impl" on Google, seems like there are some people getting this error as well. But i couldn't find a solution for it.

Bender007

Oct 2, 2013
W/dalvikvm( 1714): PR_SET_NO_NEW_PRIVS failed is still present but it is just a warning.And another sensor.lib is missing. These two things shouldn`t break the boot up (if i understood the things right).

It`s the egl.cfg, the libEGL_tegra_impl.so and the hwcomposer that break my boot. But why?

I don`t know. So the hunt for the mysterious thing goes on...

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
W/dalvikvm( 1714): PR_SET_NO_NEW_PRIVS failed is still present but it is just a warning.And another sensor.lib is missing. These two things shouldn`t break the boot up (if i understood the things right).

It`s the egl.cfg, the libEGL_tegra_impl.so and the hwcomposer that break my boot. But why?

I don`t know. So the hunt for the mysterious thing goes on...

Maybe you should try to get libEGL_tegra_impl.so from somewhere (from the CM10.1 rom by superhansi, or Nexus 7 :p) and replace it with the one on your lib folder :D

Bender007

Oct 2, 2013
Unfortunately, no. I had last week too much stress in the company.

Friday I got me a new laptop bought and yesterday i installed ubuntu with all necessary tools and files.

And now i`m ready to start my first build with my new environment:D:eek:
I'm curious how long now needs a complete build...:rolleyes::confused:

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
Unfortunately, no. I had last week too much stress in the company.

Friday I got me a new laptop bought and yesterday i installed ubuntu with all necessary tools and files.

And now i`m ready to start my first build with my new environment:D:eek:
I'm curious how long now needs a complete build...:rolleyes::confused:

Congratulation on your new laptop :p
What is the laptop's spec??

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
Hey guys. I have a computer (laptop) with a 4-core 1.4GHz AMD processor and 750GB HDD and am willing to learn to compile so I can help with CM on our tablet. It's a Toshiba Satellite L775D from 2011. What do I need to get started? I have Virtualbox and Ubuntu 12.04.3 x64 downloaded.

Bender007

Oct 2, 2013
Hello DBlake,

nice to see another one that wanna help.

You should read this and this to get started.

If you've read it all goes `s of course further ;)

Then you need the kernel-source, if you want, as base, the cm10.1 tree.

Or you take a look on my source and contribute something so that one day together we can rule the world...

Oooops, wrong movie ;)

And please do not despair if something does not work immediately.

It's mostly learning by doing and with every error/mistake or something else you have fixed you become better and better.

Two months ago i saw the first time in my life a linux-shell :D and now I can not live without ;):D;)

Update:

I forgot another good link for beginner: http://xda-university.com/as-a-developer

Last edited: