Help with Droid Explorer

Discussion in 'Huawei Ideos S7 Technical' started by jhsband84, May 31, 2011.

1. jhsband84

jhsband84 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Huawei S7
    I have a BB version with dual cameras. It was having space issues so I thought I'd start over. I flashed joenilan's rom based on Zxhian's kernal (after the indo rom, I also wiped data and cache via CWM). I wiped the app2sd partition, set it back up using Easeus Partition Manager. The tablet appears to be rooted, Titanium Backup, Cache Cleaner show up in Superuser.

But I can't get the app2sd partition recreated because I can't get Droid Explorer to act right. It connects to the tablet, but when I hit console, I never get the # to enter SU. I do have set both Unknown Sources and Debugging to on.

Any thoughts on why? What have I overlooked?

Thanks in advance.

2. lemmyslender

lemmyslender Member

Stupid question: Did you approve console su on the S7 screen. It pops up and asks allow or deny. Otherwise su won't work in the console window.

3. jhsband84

jhsband84 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Huawei S7
    I never got that notification. How can I force it?

4. jhsband84

jhsband84 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Huawei S7
    Something has changed in the last week or so. I have been successful in using Droid Explorer on two different S7s. I have Droid Explorer 8.7.2 installed on a WXP and Vista machine. This past weekend I got nothing from the console with either of our tablets when connected to either computer. I don't know if it's the rom or Superuser has maybe updated and doesn't want to play with Droid Explorer. Is there another program like Droid Explorer that I could use to set up App2sd? I have an emulator on the tablet and it's functioning fine. Could I use it instead?