help with finding what i want

stricknook

Mar 31, 2011
if all i want is to be able to see the page when i use the keyboard,app market-oh and being able to download and get them on the NC(current prob w/deep blue HC)watching flash video,and still dont understand the clockwork/overfclock/kernal/gapp stuff any suggestions?
have seemed to hit a learning curve wall and theres so much to look through ive gotten overloaded with tmi and cant parse it down to somthing i can understand

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
if all i want is to be able to see the page when i use the keyboard,app market-oh and being able to download and get them on the NC(current prob w/deep blue HC)watching flash video,and still dont understand the clockwork/overfclock/kernal/gapp stuff any suggestions?
have seemed to hit a learning curve wall and theres so much to look through ive gotten overloaded with tmi and cant parse it down to somthing i can understand

Stirck, you have essentially posted the same question 3 times in different threads making it difficult to answer you. Check here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...nces-tween-root-roms-writing-micro-stuff.html

Then once you read that, read this http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...color-now-what-aka-complete-idiots-guide.html

Finally I can tell you you are going to have problems with the HC you installed. It is just a preview and not meant to be used on a daily basis. You can overcome many of the deficiencies if you know what you are doing but it is still not a full fledged stable ROM. Start with the autonootering and learn from there.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
well if i can use an analogy let's say your standard barnes and noble rooted nook color is a 2 door volkswagen, a CM7 mod is a complete redesign of the chassis to turn your volkswagen into a four door sedan, honeycomb is yet another redesign that turns your volkswagen into a pickup truck

so by installing CM7, you are replacing your original volkswagen chassis. Now you have a new sedan chassis, someone just created shiny new doors for it - (phiremod), another one decided to add turbo to the engine (Dalingrin's OC kernel), and yet another one added a small video screen to the dash (Dalingrin's video fix) so all of these little tweaks are available from different people, but they use the same chassis. Now the original designers of the CM7 chassis are working to combine these little tweaks into one main chassis so it captures all the different flavors out there - eventually this will make it out as a 'stable release' in the meantime a release candidate is made available which contains most of the basic feature set as of a given time but haven't been fully tested and debugged yet - so installing a CM7 release candidate might get you a new 4 door sedan with windshield wipers, shiny new doors, and a working video screen etc. you can play with this while the developers continue to add features and work it.

so if you decide to switch to honeycomb that is not based on CM7, you are basically saying wipe the whole out and replace it with the pickup truck chassis - it might not have the wipers, shiny new doors or video - since those were done in a different chassis, but someone might port them over to this one

stricknook

Mar 31, 2011
I'm very sorry for the scitzoid posting routine, I am still very much a student, more so with postjing and remembering the site or sites. The car analogy hits the spot-thanks. Turns out that except for the drag opening drawer that I can't figure out how to turn off in favor of a button setup I really like the cm/phiremod, easy enough to learn and new enough to be interesting. For any wandering Jedi master --- can I or can't I make phone calls and or text messages, if not why has it remained such a big part of all the programs?
Should the hands free earbuds (I have been under the impression it would allow the use of phone features in general) work for Google voice?
I'm missing something with the text phone call features and accessories, where to look for actual info, not discussion about it by people who already have it figured out? Can I stop buying 20 Buck earbuds? Or when will there be a rom without the battery life sucking useless feature availible-or if dalingrin reads here am I right that we are waiting for a kernal? Hell if it would help I'd put a wider of you favorite import on hold at bevmo for insperation. Really hate wasting a whole cycle inside of an hour with an unusable feature

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
you can send/receive text messages by using textfree which spoofs your nook into thinking it is a phone and assigns it a phone number

as for voice calls - not happening yet - the microphone was not wired in physically and while you can use a bluetooth headset, the nook does is not equipped to receive the voice signal and route it the proper way to make a two way conversation

I'm very sorry for the scitzoid posting routine, I am still very much a student, more so with postjing and remembering the site or sites. The car analogy hits the spot-thanks. Turns out that except for the drag opening drawer that I can't figure out how to turn off in favor of a button setup I really like the cm/phiremod, easy enough to learn and new enough to be interesting. For any wandering Jedi master --- can I or can't I make phone calls and or text messages, if not why has it remained such a big part of all the programs?
Should the hands free earbuds (I have been under the impression it would allow the use of phone features in general) work for Google voice?
I'm missing something with the text phone call features and accessories, where to look for actual info, not discussion about it by people who already have it figured out? Can I stop buying 20 Buck earbuds? Or when will there be a rom without the battery life sucking useless feature availible-or if dalingrin reads here am I right that we are waiting for a kernal? Hell if it would help I'd put a wider of you favorite import on hold at bevmo for insperation. Really hate wasting a whole cycle inside of an hour with an unusable feature

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
google voice also works for texts but not voice if you have an account. The reason you see so many phone features in the ROMs is because they are in fact phone ROMs being used for tablet purposes. Even though the tablet doesn't use them the Andriod OS needs them and removing them causes more problems than it is worth. The only true Android tablet OS at the moment is honeycomb which Google is withholding for now. Probably won't see a real tablet OS until they release ice cream sandwich (yes that is the code name of the next OS).

Even though they are phone ROMs the developers have gone out of their way to make them tablet friendly. So while you might still see phone related features we really have a pretty good tablet setup that just happens to reference phone things.

JP