Help with Google play?

RodK

May 5, 2012
I just got a Nextbook Premium 7 SE with ICS. Does anyone know how to get Google Play Store to work on it?

J

jimbo7630

Can't say if this works or not, copied it from another thread (forget who posted it!)

"Ahdroid market made easy for those of us that are new to this tec stuff
1 . Go to m.4.shared.com 2 . Type 3.0.27.apk choose download 3. install app. Your tablet will be identifyed on Android market. !!
Enjoy."

RodK

May 5, 2012
Can't say if this works or not, copied it from another thread (forget who posted it!)

"Ahdroid market made easy for those of us that are new to this tec stuff
1 . Go to m.4.shared.com 2 . Type 3.0.27.apk choose download 3. install app. Your tablet will be identifyed on Android market. !!
Enjoy."

I can't seem to download from 4shared. Do you have to be a member?

J

jimbo7630

The thread didn't mention that, but I suspect you have to sign up (Free) The tablet I was using was acting up so I gave up. Let us know how you get on.

RodK

May 5, 2012
I downloaded it from another site. When I click on "Market" after I installed it, It says "you must add an account to the device to continue. do you want to add one now." When I click on "yes" it just goes back to the app screen.

J

jimbo7630

You have to have a Google Account.

I have one, but as usual I forget how I opened it, I think you can do it by signing up to Google - they then add your account on to the various Google sites. There is bound to be someone who can explain it better! (I hope)

Last edited by a moderator:

abuhirra

May 7, 2012
Hi RodK - I am also having the same problem with Google Play. When I access it on my Nextbook 7 Premium SE, or even from my desktop PC, it sends my chosen app to my phone which I registered earlier. I can't add my Nextbook to the Google account or get it recognized.

On the upside slideme.org , which was on earlier Nextbooks, works fine although not so many apps as Play.

Does anybody know how to manually (or otherwise) register a second device on Google Play? Even as a generic ICS tablet or something like that?

Apart from the above - I am really liking my new Android tablet!

andiellen

May 10, 2012
I downloaded it from another site. When I click on "Market" after I installed it, It says "you must add an account to the device to continue. do you want to add one now." When I click on "yes" it just goes back to the app screen.

Same here. :-(

Gman65

May 15, 2012
I think you have to be rooted, that is what I had to do with my older nextbook 7. It has been rooted and flashed, and works great with google play.

xxcalibur

Jun 20, 2010
this may or may not help..
i just bought the 7" model this past weekend from Big Lots. It only has GetJar on it for apps. They have alot of apps on GetJAr but obviously not as good as the actual Android market. That being said since android is an open source OS ANY company that build tablets can use it. Therefore Nextbook is not authorized to use the android market as its leading go to app place. If truth be told anyone with android knowledge can still get apps to the tablet via this way: (yes it sucks but for right now thjis is the only way until a hack comes along)

1. Download the app to your android phone or OTHER tablet that lets you access the market.
2. Use ASTRO or ES file explorer to backup the app
3. Copy the app to your pc
4. dump it to nextbook tablet
5. install the app on the nextbook by selecting it from a file manager (astro comes with it)

the app WILL install with zero problems. thats what i did. Yes its combersome but it works. Problem is the app will not update since the tablet doesnt connect to the android marklet.

Hope this helps.

Plasmastar

May 31, 2012
this may or may not help..
i just bought the 7" model this past weekend from Big Lots. It only has GetJar on it for apps. They have alot of apps on GetJAr but obviously not as good as the actual Android market. That being said since android is an open source OS ANY company that build tablets can use it. Therefore Nextbook is not authorized to use the android market as its leading go to app place. If truth be told anyone with android knowledge can still get apps to the tablet via this way: (yes it sucks but for right now thjis is the only way until a hack comes along)

1. Download the app to your android phone or OTHER tablet that lets you access the market.
2. Use ASTRO or ES file explorer to backup the app
3. Copy the app to your pc
4. dump it to nextbook tablet
5. install the app on the nextbook by selecting it from a file manager (astro comes with it)

the app WILL install with zero problems. thats what i did. Yes its combersome but it works. Problem is the app will not update since the tablet doesnt connect to the android marklet.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the attempt, but no, this doesn't help. I and other people don't feel like shelling out $100-200 for a device to download apps with.

Has anyone gotten Google Play to work on the big lot sale models? NextBook 7S. My brother said installing Google Apps would make it work, but 1 or 2 of the apps didn't install. Currently looking for another solution.

rae1801

Jun 11, 2012
So I did all of that and it didnt work. I got the app to download just fine but when I go to open it it crashes right away. What I did since I have it on my phone already I download the Es file explorer and backed the google play store that I have on my phone to the file explorer and copied it to a desktop and proceeded from there. I can get google play store without doing it that way but still run into that same problem that it crashes a few seconds after I open it.