Help with Google play?

vixiotti

Jul 22, 2012
I am trying to deal with this too, but I don't have another Android tablet or phone... So using something as a go-btwn w/my Next7S & GooglePlaly won't help me.

Sep 14, 2012
Hi - I have the X10 airpad tablet and am trying to get Google Play on it but everytinme I download it the file goes to my droid phone. Got any ideas on this?

Vic42

Dec 18, 2013
Thanks for the attempt, but no, this doesn't help. I and other people don't feel like shelling out $100-200 for a device to download apps with.

Has anyone gotten Google Play to work on the big lot sale models? NextBook 7S. My brother said installing Google Apps would make it work, but 1 or 2 of the apps didn't install. Currently looking for another solution.

Do you have a Google email account, and can you access it on your Nextbook? My Nextbook was on sale at Big Lots, and it came with Google Play (I noticed that some of their tablets didn't come with Google Play). Before I downloaded any apps, I set up my tablet to read my Gmail, which I've been using for several years. I think Google Play then linked my tablet to my gmail. Haven't had any problems downloading apps.

My son showed me something I never would have expected. I had my tablet and my laptop running, and had found an app while searching on my laptop (it was in Google Play). I downloaded it from my laptop (to my laptop, so I thought), and it asked if I wanted to install onto my tablet, and it did it by itself! Somehow, Google now knows everything I use for the internet. I didn't even touch my tablet. It was kind of freaky the first time.

It seems like I read somewhere that when you go to Google Play, it lists all the apps that "should" work, but depending on your particular tablet's set-up, the app may not actually work. I think that's my problem on the openVPN apps that won't connect. Something about my build is wrong for the app. My son said to just keep trying apps until I found one that worked. Or not.

This may be helpful:
https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2521798?hl=en

Also, when I go to Settings from my main screen, then Accounts & Sync, it shows all 3 of the emails that I set up on my tablet (1 google and 2 yahoo). All 3 say "sync is on". If your emails aren't listed here, perhaps that's part of the problem.

Last edited: