Help with hooking a Vizio 7 inch tablet to the hmdi to vizio tv

deb777

Jan 11, 2013
I have a 2 yr old 7 inch Vizio tablet that I hooked up to my Vizio tv with hmdi cord to usb . And the tablet will show on the tv for a short time than the screen goes pink ,. Does anyone know if there's some thing else I have to do to get it keep coming in( a setting or something)

Conspirator

Feb 10, 2012
What are you trying to do with this connection, are you watching a movie, or are you actively using the tablet when this happens?

If you are watching a movie or something where you are not active on the screen, your tablet could be timing out and sleeping the screen. If that is the case your fix would be to go into Settings > Screen > Screen Timeout and change the setting to either something higher or never.

If you are actively engaging the tablet when this happens, then you could have a loose HDMI connection, first make sure that both ends of the HDMI connection are fully seated in the ports. My other suggestion would be to place the tablet on a surface and move it as little as possible while interacting.

Deandec

Nov 25, 2011
Try a different HDMI cord. It could be the connector.

Many 8" VTABs had to be refurbished because the connector did not work. Mine included.

ktackel

Aug 31, 2011
Yeah new cable is the first step. I have been hooking mine up to watch netflix on my Vizio TV since I got it and it has been great.