Help with identity & update if possible?

ice10001

Mar 1, 2011
Hi all,

I bought a apad called a MID. The specs as:

And after running AnTutu (A benchmark software), this is what it reports:

Now let me say, I have no problems with the pad at all, and just want to know if there is a 'proper' name for this unit, and if it is possible to upgrade Android on it. If so how. Any feedback & links to Roms or firmwares appreciated, as I would not like to brick my shiny new apad by following another specs howto. I am in South Africa if this makes diffirence?

Thanks in advance.

Attached images of how the unit looks:

The look of the unit

The I/O interface - sort of Apple type

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I am not aware of a firmware upgrade for the batch 2 9.7" capacitive Freescale iMX515 tablet at the moment.

ice10001

Mar 1, 2011
Thanks for prompt response, is that what I would be looking for in future? iMX515 update? Would this be a custom built Android system, or would it be created and available periodically?

ice10001

Mar 1, 2011
I was wondering, can one make their own rom from the sdk? I have downloaded it, and it seems pretty straight forward. Is there a walkthrough/guide? And how would you configure it for a specific device etc?

Anyone tried to make their own rom using the sdk & Android 3?

I have seen youtube videos etc and through the emulator seen that the Android 3 is very slick etc & optimised for tablets. So yea, I would like to bomb it onto my tablet if it can be done.

Any help appreciated as I dont want to brick my tablet.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Google for 'how to build AOSP', and also download the iMX515 SDK and work from there? I don't really know very well myself though. But that's where i would look first.