help with install recovery.img

ryan808

Apr 4, 2011
After 10 hours of trying to root my tablet and 3 different tutorials, I am still stuck at the step of installing the recover.img step with the emulator. I have the recovery file in the root of the sd card, I have gottne to the step of being a super user, but when qt the step on entering

# flash_image revcovery /sdcard/recovery.img

I get flash_image: not found.

what am I missing here?

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
This seems to be a recurring stumbling block for many. It means you have not properly installed the flash_image command into the /system/bin folder of your Coby. Read the following thread for more info:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ash_image-not-found-new-mid7015a-tablets.html

Also be sure your terminal emulator has been granted super user permission, you have typed 'su' and get the pound prompt before you install the flash_image command. Also be sure the flash_image command is first put on the sd card in the main directory of the card, not in a sub-folder, and it is the extracted file, not a zip file.

Last edited:

Joel_Miller

Mar 24, 2011
After 10 hours of trying to root my tablet and 3 different tutorials, I am still stuck at the step of installing the recover.img step with the emulator. I have the recovery file in the root of the sd card, I have gottne to the step of being a super user, but when qt the step on entering

# flash_image revcovery /sdcard/recovery.img

I get flash_image: not found.

what am I missing here?

Did the suggestions here help? Or do you still need assistance. If so, the Coby update deleted the flash_image file from their firmware. You need to download it and copy it to the sdcard and then run it from there.

If you still need help, let us know and I can send you the full instructions.