Help With Keyboard

RevKev

Mar 3, 2011
I have been trying to use a keyboard (full size) on the Coby to do some faster typing. But regardless of the program I'm using, it will type in the first word then, when I hit the space bar totype in the second word it erases it and replaces it with "I." Does anyone know what's going on?
Thanks

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
Not all will work. Do you have another to try with the mini usb plug? I assume you're using the adapter with the one you've tried. Some full sized keyboards require allot of power from the port that maybe the Coby can't handle.

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
You might want to take a look at thick buttons keyboard in the market, i find it helps me type faster & more accurately. Takes a little getting use to, feels weird at first with the keys changing shape.

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
Not sure what might cause this, however; if you go to the main forum there is a post right under yours titled "anyone have experience with this case/keyboard". Have a look at the main post and it will give you an image of a case with a mini USB keyboard built in. I'm currently using that one and it works great. I'm typing this reply on it. I don't know about the Stock ROM but it works on Tipstr's Honeycomb ROM with absolutely no problems.

Sent from my HONEYCOMB V9.5.5 B9 for Kyros 7015,

Sketch J. OBrien
Jacksonville, FL

RevKev

Mar 3, 2011
Thank you all for your insights. The keyboard I was trying to use is a free extra one that I have on hand. I guess I'll have to break down and buy one of the the keyboard cases. They look great and I know they'll do the job; I'll just have to save up my pennies.
Thanks again; its good to be part of this forum.

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
Look at your keyboard setup options. It looks as if you are using SwiftKey with "space automatically selects center suggestion" selected.

Sent from my Kyros 7015 using the Android Tablet Forum App powered by Tapatalk.

RevKev

Mar 3, 2011
Thanks - I'll look again. I had to uninstall SwiftKey because I was low on space - so I'll try it again minus that app. I'll let you know.