Help with MID WM 8650

licb49

Apr 21, 2012
Please help, Just got an MID touchpad tablet WM 8650 & we're ready to throw it. It won't stay connected once we FINALLY get it connected it'll last for a few seconds then disconnect AGAIN. what are we doing wrong???

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
The best thing is to d/load a new rom like uberoid. You'll find plenty of info & links on the wondermedia based pages. Its a bit tricky for noobs but well worth the effort in the end. You load it to pc, unzip it, open changer.dat, enter rt3070 (for wifi) then the number that corresponds to your tabs model number, follow onscreen instructions then load card to your tab. It should update( sometimes this takes a while). If it hasn't worked you need to try a different changer number & start again. If you're tab is a genuine model you shouldn't need to do this but many are copies as mine was. There is a link somewhere which should help you identify your tab. If you need to that is. Good luck & enjoy a better tablet.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

ruthj

Apr 17, 2012
i am the same and its totally cracking me up> i have 2, one is working fine on wifi and the other is not. there must be some more simpler way of fixing this?

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
I think somewhere on wm pages I saw a thread repairing wifi. You need terminal emulator app. If you do a search using terminal emulator wifi you might find it.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Sorry my mistake you need root explorer so your tab needs to be rooted. If it isn't, then d/loading uberoid does it all anyway but thread was from m3red