Help with MIDVIA SUPERPAD i7 and Android Market "starting download" forever

Hendrys

Nov 9, 2011
Please help me. I acquired a MIDVIA SUPERPAD i7 Android 2.2, Wifi, Touch, CPU 1Ghz, G-Sensor, USB, TF Card. It seems ok, but i'v been very worried because i can't download applications from android market.

It connects to the android market, I touch one of the application it says "Your application will be downloaded", but whenever i go to "My apps" it says "Starting download" and it stays that way forever. And it never installs the application. The tablet installs application with the apk installer. But i want to use the greatest feature of Android OS, the android Market.

I googled and in google troubleshooting Troubleshooting Download Issues - Android Market Help there's a list of supported devices. But i couldn't find my manufacturer there (i think its MIDVIA).

Do you think i can't use my tablet for downloading apps from android market? is it because it is chinese (i guess)?

Please help me, is there a way i can use the android market normally i don't wanna depend on apk's.

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
Is it act this way for all apps or just one? Your tablet is not going to be in the list of supported devices because Google usually does not "officially" allow a non-phone to have the Android Market.

Hendrys

Nov 9, 2011
Well i don't know if it acts this way for ALL the apps, but i've tried to install like 10 apps so far, and none of those installations were succesful. Also i thought it was my router's firewall but i tried it in 3 different places, at a mall, at work, and at a friend's house. And still the same, also my friend's Android phone works normally on those networks. So it's definitely my tablet.

Are you telling me that even if my talet's brand is not on that list, it should work normally?. Do you know what can i do to fix this problem?.

Thanks in advance.

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
Odd go to settings - applications - manage apps and look for the Maket. Click on it and click on the clear data and clear cache buttons. Let me know if that helps. Also, did your tablet come with market installed or did you install it yourself?

Hendrys

Nov 9, 2011
Hi Carbira1, thanks for the continued interest. I already did that, and it didn't work. My tablet came with the market installed.

Maybe is there a way to update the market, maybe using its apk or something?

Hendrys

Nov 9, 2011
I tried to install the MArket 2.1 and 2.2 apk, but it wouldn't let me unistall the market version previously installed. Also it doesn't let me unistall any application that came with the tablet, like Mail, Video, Music, etc.
Is there a way to overwrite the market app, using windows, formatting or something, i'm kinda new in all this android stuff, but i understand technical aspects pretty quickly, would you please help me further, thanks in adva

Hendrys

Nov 9, 2011
I made a factory reset, but it's still doesn't download anything from the appstore. Maybe could you help me by telling me how can i root my tablet so i can uninstall the market app manually?, and the i can install it again with an apk i found?... maybe that would work, i have installed the windows ADK in my Desktop PC, and i've managed to start the adb shell comand on the Windows terminal. But, still i couldn't do it because whenever i type the su command it says "permission denied". How can i do to root my tablet and erase the market app? is that even allowed?

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I made a factory reset, but it's still doesn't download anything from the appstore. Maybe could you help me by telling me how can i root my tablet so i can uninstall the market app manually?, and the i can install it again with an apk i found?... maybe that would work, i have installed the windows ADK in my Desktop PC, and i've managed to start the adb shell comand on the Windows terminal. But, still i couldn't do it because whenever i type the su command it says "permission denied". How can i do to root my tablet and erase the market app? is that even allowed?
Hendrys look at some of the Sticky Threads in the Sylvania Tablets forum for additional assistance.

Specifically,

Also, there are several other threads of interest linked in the signature below.

Hendrys

Nov 9, 2011
Thanks cfrockit, i've read those threads and i even replied but i can't find a solution. Do you know how to log into Market from my PC?

mmsitech

Nov 17, 2011
Hello everyone, this is my first post.

About 3 Weeks ago I picked up a Superdad Flytouch 3 i7 from a Chine Wholesaler. I'm thinking about selling a couple during the Xmas holiday at my computer store because the priice was dirt cheap. So I ordered one to test out beforehand. I came like 4 days later... Superfast DHL!!! :) I unpacked it and the first thing I did was get it on the wireless and go to the app store... :)

Selected Angry Birds, got the app will be downloaded message and boom... hung at starting download.

First off.... I dont have the MIDVIA model, I have the INFOTMIC model... but the symtoms were exactly the same... so the remedy might be as well.

It wasn't that google was blocking it b/c it authorized the download.
It wasn't that my router ports were wrong b/c I could download apps to my A500 transformer fine.
I cleared the Market and Manager Data and Cache with no success
The only other solutions out there involve rooting or factory reset which mine was fresh out the box so I assumed it was factory reset... .:)

So since Everything else worked fine out of the box besides the Android market not downloading... I didn't want to root it and change the OS and deal with the other issues that came with that... So I emailed the seller. Initially I didn't hear back... So I emailed them again two days later and told them I was fairly pleased with the exception of the Market not working and it was the only thing preventing me for ordering 100 more for my store. I heard back the next day... Funny how that works huh??? They told me to send it back to them and they would fix it. So I coffed up the $30 and sent it back to China. I got it back in less than a week and apparently, the only thing they did was update the market to 3.311... I could have done that... and saved 30 bucks!!! LOL.

I found the 3.311 Android Market version online. Click the name to download the APK to your PC and transfer it to your device first... then install it. I wouldn't download it directly on the device b/c I seen tons of posts where people have not had success downloading directly to the Android Tablet. Must be a permissions thing or something... :)

Keep in mind that I haven't personally installed this version... But this is the version that is installed on my tablet and is working currently.
So I would give that a try that because my apps now download from the market just fine and my tablet isn't rooted or anything else like that.

It doesn't look like they changed much else or sent me a new tablet either... all my other apps were still installed and work fine.

So if you can locate that version of the app on the web somewhere... try to install it.... you may need to be root to modify the market app....
If so, I suggest z4root. The seller told me that it works on these tablets nicely.

You can get z4root at the Amazon App store.... FOR FREEEEEEEE?!?!?!? LOL... Sorry, I love doing that.... Let see if anyone remembers that movie....

Anyway.... The Amazon App store installed on mine just fine initially and worked without a problem... I downloaded and ran Angry Birds from there first day.
That's another reason that I knew it was something with the google market app. and not permissions or anything like that....

I hope this sheds some light on this for someone here... This seems like a very frustrating problem for some.... I just wonder if it could be this simple???

Cheers!!! Let us know if this works for you.

Hendrys

Nov 9, 2011
Hello mmsitech, and thanks for the very nourished answer.
I clearly identify myself with your problem that's exactly what's happening to me. I downloaded the Market version you linked me too, but i tried to install it and it prompts me to uninstall the previous version. I tap on accept but later it says "Unistalling unsuccesful". The problem is i can't uninstall the previous version, is it because i don't have root permissions? how can i access in root mode? is the z4root for that?

Thanks anyway and sorry for the newbieness

Hendrys

Nov 9, 2011
Yes it worked for me, THANKS A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTT!!!!! LOL!!! i rooted my Tablet with the z4root and i installed the new Market version, but i didn't use the APKManager i double-tapped in the Android 2.2 default browser and the installing was succesfull.

Actually i don't know if it needed the rooting, because the first time ihad "uninstall unsuccesful" i tried it with the APK manager. But anyway, i'll find that out later

Thanks a lot, i'm downloading TALKING CAT i hope it installs succesfully. BYE :D