help with my Apad! just got it

fashiongalca

Mar 15, 2011

need help with my new android tablet
cant seem to figure it out just received it and this error message keeps occurring
i believe its a rocketchip android apad with a os of 1.5 (i was told it was a 2.1 os which is wrong i discovered now unfortunately) as well as the camera was supposed to be 1.3 and its a .3
Ive contacted Euogo.com: Best Deals on Android Tablet,Tablet PC,Smartphones,Apple Accessories,Cool Gadgets & more from Hong Kong China where i bought the item and im waiting from a response from them on this issue or the option to return the tablet to them for a full refund.

Last edited by a moderator:

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
I am curious why you think this is Android 1.5? It looks like 2.1 from your video.. Android 1.5 looks very dated...

Most of the time the android.processes.acore error is caused by a contact(s) error. Usually a factory reset fixes this problem. I suggest that you follow the steps on resetting the tablet. I am not familiar with a factory reset for this type of aPad, hopefully someone else is able to do so.

fashiongalca

Mar 15, 2011
Thanks for the reply I thought it was a 1.5 because the user manual that came with it said it was a 1.5 I have a 2.2 os on my android phone and
I seem not to be able to watch video on this tablet or download you tube
I've look around for options for a reset and some people say there is a tiny reset button but mine doesn't have one
The only tiny hole is for a mic
And another thing I question on it, it came with a video front facing camera and a mic but then doesn't support any video chatting programs really, when I installed fring it was all distorted and funky, and skype never fully loads either
But I've turned the tablet on and off and even got into safe mode but when I pass through the security code it goes on that crazy forceclose loop
Super frustrated! I put in an email to the support dept waiting to hear back

sheep5161

Feb 28, 2011
i am very curious ,what kind of tablet pc do you buy? now of the android tablet devices should have no 1.5 version!

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
I have moved this to the RockChip category, to help increase the OP on finding out how to reset this tablet.

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
Your pad is indeed a bit different from the Rockchip aPads i know.
The versions i know do not have the 'android' animation but only android as a text line with a blinking _ in the end.
Also the Camera position is usualy on the side of the power button or on the edge where the back/menu buttons are.
you miht want to try to hold the 'Menu' button while the pad starts until it is started to get into the safe mode.
From there you can do a factory reset.

What you have there might be real android 2.1 since the background looks like the live walpaper 'grass' and those are new since Android 2.1

If you are shure that it is a rockchip aPad you might want to flash a new firmware but be aware that there are at least two versions of the aPad that need different firmwares and it is not easy to recover if you flash the wrong one.

//EDIT: wait a second...
Rockchip 2818 not 2808
That is not my standard android 1.5 Pad, there IS real Android 2.1 for those babys and they are more powerful.
Maybe the safe mode still works but most of everything else i wrote is BS, sorry.

Last edited:

fashiongalca

Mar 15, 2011
Oh another thing to add as well I got it in safe mode by trying different combos on startup but it would just say its in safe mode but yet still do this forceclose loop ...

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
A proper data wipe will at least fix the acore issue.

You can basically expect the video chat to never work properly.