help with my d2pad please

whittiersown

Mar 2, 2013
Ok i m new here so I hope I'm doing this right.I hav a d2pad internet tablet .I'm tryin to root it but i everytime I try to install any app it tells me not enough space to free up some .but I have a 16gig sd card and I don't have any apps installed to remove.alsothe worst part is i can't plug the tablet into comp.because the part u plug into the tablet is broke...can anyone help me

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi whittier, welcome to the forum, nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Allwinner A10 Based section for you, where more people familiar with your tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you get it rooted. Good luck!

netizenmt

Nov 12, 2011
We'll need a few more details in order to be able to help.

First - When you say "the part u plug into the tablet is broke", are you referring the the plug on the end of the mini-USB cable, or to the port on the tablet? You can easily find a replacement cable at any store that sells cell phone accessories. Take your tablet with you to ensure the right fit, and look for one that says it is both a charging and data cable.

Second - there are several different models of the D2Pad, so we'll need to know which one you have. This will let us determine the right method for rooting your tablet. You could try looking at this thread which has some links I found useful.

Third - When you install apps to your tablet, they install to the internal memory, not the sd card. You need to move them to the sd card manually. This is done in the Settings menu, under Applications, or with an application such as Root External 2 Internal SD which is what I use. It's pretty easy to set up, but as the name suggests, you do need to be rooted properly.

Good luck!