Help with some queries on zync z900 tablet

Nov 10, 2011
First of all thanks in advance for checking my post. I am totally new to android and i have just bought a zync z900 tablet with froyo os. I want to know whether it could be upgraded to honeycomb versions. what are the extra features i would get through this upgrade. If any one want to know the specification in detail then just reply to my post i will post the processor type and other things after getting it on my hand. For now i am posting the general specification here

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]General -

Model: Zync Z900
Product Type: Tablet PC

Display -

Type: TFT Resistive Touch Screen
Resolution: 800 x 480 pixels
G Sensor: Yes
Size: 7 inches

Sound -

Speakers: Yes, with stereo speakers
Earphone/Headphone: Yes, 3.55mm jack
Microphone: Yes, 3.5mm jack

Camera -

Front Camera: Yes, 0.3 MP

Memory -

Internal: 4 GB storage, 256 MB RAM
External: Yes

Connectivity -

WLAN: Yes
USB: Yes, v2.0

Platform & Processor -

Operating System: Google Android OS v2.2 (Froyo)
CPU: 800 MHz processor

Features & Applications -

Amdroid Market
MP4/MPEG/ MP3/WAV/WMA media player
HTML Internet Browser, Email
Games
Organizer
Document editor
Image editor
Facebook, Skype, Twitter, MSN
Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa integration

Bettery -

Type: Lithium-ion polymer
Capacity: 3000 MAH
[/FONT]

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Generally speaking devices that don't come with Honeycomb can't be upgraded to Honeycomb. The reason for this is that Google never released the source code. You can get some Honeycomb replications based on the enmulator but not true Honeycomb. The advantage of Honeycomb is that it brings a true tablet style OS where as all the previous Android versions are really phone OSes.

Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) is the newest Google OS and they should be releasing the source code for that at some point. It is made for both tablets and phones and has some nice improvements over Honeycomb. I don't know if your specific tablet has been rooted (meaning root level access has been gained) or if it is possible to put any of these other OSes onto it. Hopefully somebody else will be able to help you out on that issue.

JP

Nov 10, 2011
Thanks for the answer first of all. Whats the difference between a honeycomb replications and original honeycomb i am asking this because does the replications support multi touch if i am wrong sorry i heard from multi touch started from honeycomb froyo or gingerbeard doesn't have this technology please clarify if i am wrong.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The replications of Honeycomb are built on the emulator not the actual Honeycomb ROM created by Google. The emulator is a program that looks like Honeycomb but runs on computers allowing developers to build and test apps without having to have an actual device. The emulator doesn't have all the features of the actual ROM so anything built on the emulator will be missing some of the features of Honeycomb.

Android 2.x and up (Eclair 2.1, Froyo 2.2 and Gingerbread 2.3) support multitouch, so you don't need to have Honeycomb (3.x) for multitouch. The most common implementation of multitouch is pinch to zoom. If you can pinch two fingers to zoom in and out in a web browser or in photos then you are using multi touch. You can see from any number of videos with devices running Android that you can in fact do this.