help, wont boot without charger

totsy

Apr 14, 2013
Hi all, my a2109 won't boot without plugging in charger first,at which point it boots into recovery first ,then I have to select reboot system.I'm on stock ROM ,unlocked boot loader,cwm installed and rooted.I have tried wiping all caches wipe data and even going back to stock recovery.also when I press power ,the volume slider appears and goes up a notch,which also stops me from shutting down as the shutdown menu does not appear,can anyone help?
Also I have just noticed the volume + button does the same as power button

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Try fresh install, if that doesn't fix your problem you need to contact lenovo support and let them fix it.

ramdyc

Dec 26, 2012
I've actually had this problem as well but intermittently. The first time it happened I had my tab powered on and had just plugged in the charger. I left the tab sitting for about 20 mins and when I returned the upper right side of the tab was so hot I could barely touch it. I immediately unplugged it and tried to wake it from sleep but it wouldn't. I tried a long press to power it off, that didn't help. I let it sit for an hour or so to cool off and tried the same things again. Just as in was about to take it back to best buy for an exchange through their warranty I tried plugging it in and turning it on. It booted up just fine and had the same amount if battery charge as when I had plugged initially plugged it in.

Since then its turned off on itself a couple times shortly after flashing a new ROM but seems to but functioning fine other than that.

totsy

Apr 14, 2013
Mine has never overheated,but does seem to be a bit better now after restoring my build.prop file, it now wakes up from sleep without plugging it in(haven't tried boot from cold yet) but still affects the volume when I press power button and vice versa.

totsy

Apr 14, 2013
Unbelievably my tablet has stopped misbehaving and returned to normal operation without me doing anything to it. Minus cwm now ,but think I'll leave hacking it for now,just happy its working again.

totsy

Apr 14, 2013
Oh nooo problem has resurfaced again but don't need charger in to boot ,just the power button affecting the volume again,have only found a couple of other users with same trouble ,one had just flashed a ROM whereas I am still on stock ROM .

totsy

Apr 14, 2013
Returned it to shop ,and was sent off to somewhere in europe for repair,came back with a change of some parts and downgrade to ICS,but problem still there,got a full refund from shop,and am now owner of a nexus 7, brilliant!! :)