Help!!!!

Monty123

Apr 8, 2011
Hi

Wondering if anybody can help a total novice / technophob??

I had a 7" tablet Rockchips 2806 And 1.5 bought for me. Received it and did all the charging etc. Put a few games/books/pics on it and what not. Last used it some weeks ago (approx 3/4) and went back to it only to find it is not switching on. Thinking it was the battery I tried to charge it but the red light only remains on for a few seconds then goes off. I have tried switching it on by flicking the on/off switch then the round button with the square on it but to no avail. I have tried the on/off switch followed by holding the button for 5-10 seconds but still nothing.

Any advice or help would be very much appreciated as the reason I bought it was to display pictures to customers and I need it up and running soon as the products i'm going to be selling arrive this week and it would be great to have it.

Thanks

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
Look for a pin-hole sized button on the back. If your tablet has one then get a needle and push it. If not then plug your tablet into your computer and let me know if anything comes up. Then push the power button and see if anything happens then.

Monty123

Apr 8, 2011
There is no pin sized hole to be found. I have plugged it into my computer (brand new and have never connected it to the device) and up popped the new device and software message, I then pressed the power button and the screen came on but it was just as though it was the backlight. It went dark and upon pressing it again the screen was grey with some darker grey lines down sections of the screen and since then there is nothing happening