Help!!

sashworth121

Jun 24, 2011
A few months ago I ran the Cruz fw on my pandigital novel. It crashed the thing, but I was able to restore it and had it working again. A couple of days ago, I moved some of my apps to an external sd card. After that it froze up and only displayed the blue start up screen. I tried rebooting it (press and hold volume + and power) the Cruz with black background appeared and that's all. I have removed everything from internal and external sd cards and tried running the fw from pandigital site. Still nothing, I only get the android man with !. Why is Cruz showing up again? Really I don't care why, I just need to know how to get my Novel back. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

vader33

Sep 3, 2011
If you're still checking this forum (based on your post date it's been a while) then you've probably not found your answer. However, give this a shot. Put the SD cards back in their respective positions. Reset the battery by unplugging it and plugging it back in. Try to turn on your WPDN. If you get Andy with a ! then insert a safety pin or similarly skinny device into the WPDN's reset button. If that still doesn't work, then plug your WPDN's usb into your computer and search for the last known firmware and delete it. Go to Pandigi's website and (if you have a PC) use Pandigital's firmware upgrader program to install either the Open Source FW or their latest Novel FW.

Hopefully this clears up your crash. Also, try Googling "Pandigital Novel Flash Loop." It should direct you to a site that shows you how to fix it.

mikepepper

Dec 3, 2011
a few months ago i ran the cruz fw on my pandigital novel. It crashed the thing, but i was able to restore it and had it working again. A couple of days ago, i moved some of my apps to an external sd card. After that it froze up and only displayed the blue start up screen. I tried rebooting it (press and hold volume + and power) the cruz with black background appeared and that's all. I have removed everything from internal and external sd cards and tried running the fw from pandigital site. Still nothing, i only get the android man with !. Why is cruz showing up again? Really i don't care why, i just need to know how to get my novel back. Any help is greatly appreciated.
please tell me how you restored the cruz the first time. Mine is doing the same thing.