Help!!!

kdpeterson68

Jul 21, 2011
Hi,

Not sure if I am posting the right section or not but I am new to tablet pc's and android. I just got a Sylvania 7 in a couple of days ago. I was trying out the different ports to see if they worked and when i hooked up my flash drive to the mini usb adapter it said preparing drive but i couldn't figure out how to access the drive to see if i could see the files on it. I put the flash drive in my laptop this morning and all of my files that were on there are gone. Please tell me there is a way to get them back.

TIA

Karen

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Hi,

Not sure if I am posting the right section or not but I am new to tablet pc's and android. I just got a Sylvania 7 in a couple of days ago. I was trying out the different ports to see if they worked and when i hooked up my flash drive to the mini usb adapter it said preparing drive but i couldn't figure out how to access the drive to see if i could see the files on it. I put the flash drive in my laptop this morning and all of my files that were on there are gone. Please tell me there is a way to get them back.

TIA

Karen
Welcome! A good practice is to post using a clear subject and message.

You're most likely to receive a helpful answer to your question if you use a short subject title that describes your problem. Your message does a good job to explain in detail what your problem is and that you've tried to solve it.

Use the "My Pad" application to view your files on the flash drive connected to the mini usb adapter. They will be listed under the UDisk1 tab as pictured below.

$UDisk1.jpg

Another option is to install a "file explorer" application such as Astro, EStrong, Root Explorer, etc. which can be obtained from either the installed alternative market application SlideME or install Amazon App Market to find more options.

On the computer, check to see if the files have been made "hidden" as sometimes the tablet adds a ".android_secure" folder. You can always check that and "LOST.DIR" created when the flash drive is connected to the tablet.

$UDisk.jpg

Last edited:

kdpeterson68

Jul 21, 2011
Hi Cfrockit,

The only thing that remained on the flash drive was the favorites file. the .android.secure and the lost.dir folders are both empty. The show up empty on the tablet also. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

cliffordtrue

Nov 27, 2010
Hi Cfrockit,

The only thing that remained on the flash drive was the favorites file. the .android.secure and the lost.dir folders are both empty. The show up empty on the tablet also. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Try a file recovery program like Pandora Recovery. It can be found at Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com and search for Pandora Recovery. It is free and I have had flash drives with photos I recovered on a corrupted card. There are other programs to, but this one works well for me.

Edit, I like how my website was changed from the site link to the titled link. www.d o w n l o a d. com

Last edited:

kdpeterson68

Jul 21, 2011
Thanks Clifford! Looks like it recovered everything if not 95 %. It shows the file folders are empty but it looks like all the files that went in those folders have been recovered. Is that the way it is suppose to work?:)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Karen,
Just stopped over to see how you're doing with the recovery. Glad to see you won't have to go through all those attachments.:)