help!

jeffbaker

Feb 13, 2013
please can anyone help?!

my son got a q88 allwinner a13 7" tablet for christmas and he just plugged it into the wrong charger and now its stopped working completely... :confused: has it just fried the battery or is there anything i can do to fix it? :confused:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Did the other end get plugged into the wrong charger? What type of charger. Most chargers will auto sense what voltage is needed and adjust accordingly.

jeffbaker

Feb 13, 2013
hi, thanks for replying...
the boy accidently plugged in the charger for my netbook, which has a power difference of 95 volts, thats why im wondering if it just fried the battery or something. we let it cool down (one side of the tablet had got real hot) and put it to charge on its proper charger for a few hours and nothing...

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The CPU or other components could not handle the voltage difference and thus this tablet died. If you were to open the tablet up you would quite likely find blown components all over the motherboard. Be thankful that's all that happened as it could have been far worse.

The battery has a circuit within it to prevent current from damaging the battery. If that circuit wasn't present, the battery would explode.