Here it is: firmware for 8125

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hmm, it says "Processor Samsung S5PV210", but 8125 uses a Telechips TC8803 Cortex A8 processor as far as I know... From shown specs it looks more like 8024, like the AllDro2 tablet.

Are you sure it's really for 8125?

Last edited:

trash

Dec 27, 2011
Well.. I'm not sure it's the right firmware but according to Mediacom site it seem it should...
Have you followed the right link?
Smart Pad 800 - Mediacom
and then (on the right), click on "Driver e supporto" and finally the last link "sistma operativo per modello 800_8125"

Mediacom has made two tablets with the same name (Smart Pad 800): one is the clone of Coby 8024, the other of Coby 8125.

Trash

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
It seems that you are rigth: there are 3 files, I have downloaded 2 of them (the other one says Android 2.2 so I didn't bother):

- Aggiornamento android 2.3 / "MP800C 2.3.zip" - looks like Gingerbread for Samsung based tablets
- Sistema operativo Tablet 800_8125 / "firmware 800_8125.zip" - indeed looks like a firmware for Telechips based tablets, it has FWDN and other stuff

Great find, I will investigate it further, maybe the version for Samsung in 2.3.3 or newer. ;)

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
- Aggiornamento android 2.3 / "MP800C 2.3.zip" - looks like Gingerbread for Samsung based tablets

No luck: it's a few days newer than the AllDro2/MPMan Gingerbread build, but still 2.3... :(

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Normal, they usually release only a restoration firmware. At most, some bug fixes, no new features...

But it's much better than nothing. Some models don't even have a restore firmware. And from this it's possible to create CFWs.

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
Any one tried this firmware? I did flash my 8125 with this but I have this problem, when the tablet goes in sleep mde for a long time, the only to wake-up is to press the power button an the menu and back button remain light up and or not working. The only way to recover the button is to reboot the twblet any idee if it,s firmwwre related. Thanks

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I haven't tried it, Don't need it. But I have looked at it nothing in there that we don't already have no improvements that I can see. Most likely your problems are due to flashing this software. The kernel is different then our 8125 kernel cause the hardware is slightly different. Those difference are enough to cause the problems you have. I don't have those problems on my 8125, you didn't have them before you flashed this software but you have those problems now

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
So for what I read the kernel is in the boot.img file. I am flashing the bulldog rom from ktz and they post a boot.img replacement so if this is correct and that boot.img is use for the midx125 than my problem may be resolve if I fastboot this file to my tablet. I will give it a try later.

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
I haven't tried it, Don't need it. But I have looked at it nothing in there that we don't already have no improvements that I can see. Most likely your problems are due to flashing this software. The kernel is different then our 8125 kernel cause the hardware is slightly different. Those difference are enough to cause the problems you have. I don't have those problems on my 8125, you didn't have them before you flashed this software but you have those problems now

Well I have no other alternative being impossible to get the stock firmware from coby. I used this one because my original restore didn't work.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Mike the sad part is you already had what you need to fix your tablet, you just didn't know how to use it, as is with most people. But no need the dwell on the past, if coby releases a lk.rom for your version you should be fine, if not then you could test other similar lk.rom who knows you might get lucky.

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
Mike the sad part is you already had what you need to fix your tablet, you just didn't know how to use it, as is with most people. But no need the dwell on the past, if coby releases a lk.rom for your version you should be fine, if not then you could test other similar lk.rom who knows you might get lucky.

Hi vampirefo it seem the fault is in the lk.rom file. I have another one that the back and menu button work ok even coming back from deep sleep mode. problem the screen is out of alignment, I can see 90% of the screen. so I will try Coby if they can supply me with a good file for my tablet. thanks.