Herotab M8

Duncasi

Jun 30, 2011
GPS worked just fine with ANY of the firmwares I had on my device so far :)

What is REALLY bothering me is that WIFI turns off all the time! :( I hope THAT is firmware related!

Consider to flash the tablet once again, the flashing process sometimes does strange things. Maybe it will solve your Google Maps issue too.

zlochko

Jul 29, 2011
GPS worked just fine with ANY of the firmwares I had on my device so far :)What is REALLY bothering me is that WIFI turns off all the time! :( I hope THAT is firmware related!
My experience is the complete oposite of yours. All of my problems are gps & hdmi related, but I never had any considarable trouble with the wifi. Once the device manages to get an IP address, the connection is rock solid.

ColonelZap

Sep 16, 2010
Once the device manages to get an IP address, the connection is rock solid.

Very strange?!? I usually have WIFI problems with certain apps like youtube or google maps. Surfing with the dolphin browser (for example) hardy ever makes any trouble, somehow my wifi problems are "app related"?!?

I'll try to flash that thing again :)

kalinkamaen1

Aug 11, 2011
If you flash it like i have explained on this text. It will be flashed the best way.

Go all the way down on the page and download.

Kali

fdcuneta

Aug 3, 2011
I decided to return my Herotab. The reason why I bought is because of the GPS, installed copilot since that is what Philip of Merimobile suggested me that. Installed it and was unsuccessful. I was also told to leave it outside in clear sky for 1 hour, I did even for 2 hours. I even installed apps that will make time to first fix faster for the GPS Fix. Nothing happened. So decided to return it and Philip told me he will give me full refund if there is no physical damage. I also got this problem when I receive the tablet. When I open the tablet the first time, I noticed there's a small scratch on the screen. I tried to feel it and seems like it's inside the screen, since I like the tablet I just decided not to report it. but now that I returned it, they are saying that it was me who did that. I even paid $45 for the expedited shipping to ship it back. When they got the tablet, they said that the GPS is working fine. I'm not sure if they did something to make the GPS work. So now they are going to charge the restocking fee of 20% on my refund. So just a friendly advice, before you decide to buy this item or do business with them, think twice first.

kalinkamaen1

Aug 11, 2011
NO GPS ISSUE!

I am getting the same issue, not getting any sattelites in view after flashing the 1.0 full firmware
more then 2 times on M8 unit. My fix was flashing from 0.9.9 to 1.0 beta and then to 1.0 full.
Flashing from 1.0 full to 1.0 full over and over again ruins my signals.

Kali

daeimports

Jan 18, 2011
The restocking fee is fair, every store charge it, is fair, specially if you used it, it take some time to clean up the equipment and make it ready for resale

pat81ok

Aug 6, 2011
NO GPS ISSUE!I am getting the same issue, not getting any sattelites in view after flashing the 1.0 full firmware more then 2 times on M8 unit. My fix was flashing from 0.9.9 to 1.0 beta and then to 1.0 full.Flashing from 1.0 full to 1.0 full over and over again ruins my signals.Kali
Well, i've re-installed the 1.0. Now wifi doesn't connect if I am in another room; once it gets the ip adress then the connection seems working even on my balcony! 3g working good. Bluetooth can't keep the connection, but it could be a problem of the bt device(a gps holox antenna so i can't use it anymore). I'm really surprised to discover that the apk "gps test" receive until 11 satellites 'in view' by using 8 of them, scanning with internal sensor. What is strange is that some applications, like accuweather and gps test recognise the gps signal, while some others crash! I thought that all these troubles were caused by the bad quality of hardware components, but now i guess we have to pay attention above the firmware. Definitely it shall be improved, but my impression about the m8 is still positive though.

Last edited:

sinorUsor

Aug 27, 2011
Greetings all, it seems that all the links provided to get the Windows driver, required to upgrade from 0.9.6 to newer versions, are all unavailable now :(
Would anyone have a working download URL for this driver?
Thanks a lot!

kalinkamaen1

Aug 11, 2011
Guys with gps problems listen !!!!!

If you have an ROOTED android phone with gps do this.
Install GPS OVER BLUETOOTH app from market to phone.
Install BLUETOOTH GPS MOUSE app from market to M8 tablet.

Tablet: Go to settings;Applications;Development and tick Allow mock locations.
Phone: Start GPS OVER BLUETOOTH app.
Tablet: Start BLUETOOTH GPS MOUSE app, press Start Service, then connect to bluetooth device,
choose your phone or scan and pair your phone.
If it doesnt connect first time try more. It worked for me.

Now your Android phone work as a external gps device for your tablet.

Here is an link to all files for M8:

http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=7

Regards Kali.

Last edited by a moderator:

panchaboy

Sep 7, 2011
can any1 here help me to change my herotab a8 firmware plz....it has android 2.3.3 but its laggy ...everytime i want to change from recovery give me the signature verification error ty

pergoteborg

Feb 19, 2011
Sorry, this is a M8 forum, not a A8. We are all waiting for the 2.3 firmware
Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

pat81ok

Aug 6, 2011
As far as I know this company is the developer of the firmware: iUnin Computer Technology Co.,Ltd.

@ColonelZap: I can start Google Maps without any problem. Does the Android market work?

I found in a Russian Forum people speaking about new release 1.1 and 1.2 of firmware. The 2 little files take about 9 and 4 MB. I'm not sure about their content. Since russian is not my leanguage, with google translate I could only understand that gps and wifi probably have been improved. Is there anyone who has tried one of this update. It's clear that I can't post the name of the forum.

icon3.png
Well, looking for a while in google I found a link of the file:

http://115.com/file/e6e2j8ip

And here find the key-words useful to search the 1.1 with google

" update-um2801-1.1-signed " (probably it's a zip file)

I've never updated because I'm not able to.
If someone want to proceed, please consider that the update will be at your own risk.

Last edited:

pergoteborg

Feb 19, 2011
Hi. I´ve seen it too, but hadn´t found a working link.
I´ve downloaded the file from the chinese forum and put it im my dropbox. Here U R :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6745940/update-um2801-1.2-signed-4G-test.zip

PS. I haven´t tested it so any use of this file is not my responibility..DS

regards /Per

I found in a Russian Forum people speaking about new release 1.1 and 1.2 of firmware. The 2 little files take about 9 and 4 MB. I'm not sure about their content. Since russian is not my leanguage, with google translate I could only understand that gps and wifi probably have been improved. Is there anyone who has tried one of this update. It's clear that I can't post the name of the forum.

icon3.png
Well, looking for a while in google I found a link of the file:

update-um2801-1.2-signed-4G-test.zip
And here find the key-words useful to search the 1.1 with google

" update-um2801-1.1-signed " (probably it's a zip file)

I've never updated because I'm not able to.
If someone want to proceed, please consider that the update will be at your own risk.