Herotab m802 SD Card

brianp

Dec 2, 2010
Hi All,

I recently purchased a Herotab m802 (Android v2.2) and I'm wondering how I access the SD card from the system? I went to file explorer, and it starts out in /sdcard/, but none of the files in it are not the ones on the card. Even when I unplug the card the file directory still stays up which leads me to believe that this is NOT the sd card I am looking at.

When I plug the same card into my ZT-180, the files come up right away. Do I need to go somewhere special on my m802 to see the files?

Thanks for your help.

Brian.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Try a different File Manager application, i would recommend Astro File Manager. Better granularity and I believe easier to navigate. Also, is this a specific directory that you cannot access on the device?

brianp

Dec 2, 2010
Thanks for the info!

The problem is I am very new to Android, so I am not terribly familiar with the OS. I have a series of directories on my SD Card (Apps, Games, etc.), but when I call up the built in file explorer, it goes to the /sdcard/ folder, but there are folders in it that are not on my card (such as Aldiko, Android, DCIM, Yingyonghui, etc.).

andre74

Dec 2, 2010
Hi, I'm a new user too, I think that in the file explorer as "sdcard" are listed the files that are included in the on-board memory.
You should search in the File Manager for a folder with the name "extsdcard" or something similar.

brianp

Dec 2, 2010
Hi, I'm a new user too, I think that in the file explorer as "sdcard" are listed the files that are included in the on-board memory.
You should search in the File Manager for a folder with the name "extsdcard" or something similar.

Thanks Andre! It worked like a charm! :)

witgirl

Feb 2, 2011
I am brand new to the Android Tablet.
Just got it this morning.

When I opened up a music software it told me that the SD card was removed.
When I looked at the Settings and then the SD Card - for total space it says unavailable as if it is not there.

I dont get it...is the SD card internal card and comes with the Android tablet?

I downloaded Slideme software. When I click on the icon i get the following message.
"SD card not found. Please insert card before attempting to continue,

Please help!