hey! new to android

dodgefan67

Nov 9, 2011
hi everyone, this is a great site, glad i found it!

i've been wanting a kindle fire since it was announced and there are lots of pros for me to get one and very few cons. one of those is big for me though, there is an app on the android store for free that the amazon app store has for 15 bucks. i dont think its the exact same app, the screenshots are similar but if i can get a device that i can get apps from the real android store then i will get that and use all the amazon android apps for all the other stuff. im very interested in the cloud services that amazon has and im guessing that i can still use that even without the kindle fire?

anyway, looking forward to being part of the discussion and to share my experiences with whatever device i end up getting. wish me luck! LOL

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
Welcome! It will be interesting to see where the Fire goes once it comes out and gets hacked.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Jerry, welcome to Android Tablets. Glad you could join the forum. I guess we'll know pretty soon what's happening regarding rooting, the markets and all the rest with regard to both the Kindle Fire and the new B&N Tablet.