Heylo

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
Hey guys (and any girls who may or may not read this).

I've been reading these forums for a little while now, and based on that picked up a 7in Coby Tablet.

If anyone is interested I work for a slightly 'Random' Australian/New Zealand retail electronics company, which means I get some rather fun toys to play with (including an NZ charger for my tablet).

I'm a reformed overclocker (started getting WAY too expensive) so I'm looking forward to getting under the hood of my tablet and 'tweaking', rooting and generally messing around with the settings on it.

I do have some questions about things, but I felt it would be polite to introduce myself first.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here!

Congrats on your new Coby.

cheers,
Peter

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hey subtotal, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new tablet. It's nice to have you with us here at Android Tablets. When you're ready to ask those questions, just click on this link to the Coby Tablets section and ask away.:)

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
Hey subtotal, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new tablet. It's nice to have you with us here at Android Tablets. When you're ready to ask those questions, just click on this link to the Coby Tablets section and ask away.:)

The warm welcome is much appreciated, I've already had a quick browse through the Coby section (BTW TYVM to daprospecta for the youtube guide on how to get the full market).

The tablet I'm running is a Kyros 7022 ifhttp://www.youtube.com/user/daprospecta anyone is interested (mainly got this due to the feedback I read as a guest on these forums).

For the record, I'm not a newbie at tech in general, but there are some major gaps in my knowledge as far as android/linux goes...

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Those coby generation 2 tablets are nice, I think you'll be happy with it. I was going to get one back in March when they were supposed to come out, but they were delayed again and again until I didn't want to wait any more. I drove over to B&N and got my Nook off the shelf and a little while later I was home playing with it. Instant gratification is great.:cool:

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
Hehe, I know the feeling.

While I'm here, is there anywhere on this forum for discussing non-tablet android devices? I realise this is a Tablet forum, but the company I'm working for has let slip that they're getting in an Android media player (Set top box style) and I'd like to try and figure out if I can get the market working on it.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
We have an off-topic discussion area, also we have areas for the various OS versions, you could post there.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum