HI All! Got a rather old tablet and want to play with it before my Ipad 2 arrives

deanfp

Dec 29, 2010
Got this cheap for Christmas

Its a simple 256mb

Model number - generic

Firmware 1.6

Kernel Version 2.6.29-00236-g48dbbb-dirty

Build 2.1.2_105

My questions are

Are there any roms out there with some decent apps and maybe Skype that is useable? Anything is better than what it came pre-loaded with!

Sorry, first post on here and I dont really know where to start looking

Cheers!

Dean

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
you will need to identify the cpu on this machine. look in the settings there you may see the cpu.
if you don't have android market you can look for threads that talk about sideloading
skype is not all working on all android tablets but people seem to have better luck with skype lite

deanfp

Dec 29, 2010
Thanks for the reply. Can't find the CPU anywhere but looking at the photos I am sure its the same as the ones mentioned in the Gnome Flytouch threads. Green LED etc..

I am sure its the Rom that is on it but the model number is displaed as M2011 and the Firmware version listed as Uberoid.Problem being is that the current rom that is on the tablet has bugs connecting to Wifi. Its constantly hanging on obtaining an IP address from the router. I have yet to test linking the 7" tab with the new Iphone 4.3 IOS wifi sharing but could do to see if its an issue with the tablet or the wifi settings.

But deep down any better rom would be better!

Hope someone can help. Getting really used to Android!

deanfp

Dec 29, 2010
Hi Cannot connect to the internet to download the app but from using one from the Rom I got this

Processor ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v5l)
BogoMIPS 174.88
Features swp half thumb fastmult edsp java
CPU implementer Ox41
CPu Architecture 5TEJ
Variant 0x0
CPU part 0x926
CPU revision 5
Hardware WMT

Hope this helps